Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

If he was at Henninger in the 2017/2018 season like it is assumed, he did not make any of the leagues all league teams. Not even honorable mention.

Maybe he was always on the staffs radar but they remained in stealth mode and used those connections as "scouts" just so he doesn't end up on Duke and Kentucky's radar since they like to ride our coattails when evaluating

Sure, that is possible, and frankly I hope that is what happened. We could use a break on the big man recruiting front. I just find it interesting that with all the insight on all the other prospects we receive from insiders there was nothing on this local kid at all. Trust me, all my fingers and toes are crossed that he is a diamond in the rough for us. It'll be super interesting to see the back story on this one when the dust settles.

The staff has gone to great lengths to land another center. Bourama being the ordained is not etched in stone by any means. With his inability to stay on the floor I'm glad we are trying to land another center. The staff must feel the same way, otherwise why all the offers? Reaching out to Tape, Morgan and now this kid. It's quite obvious.

The staff has gone to great lengths to land another center. Bourama being the ordained is not etched in stone by any means. With his inability to stay on the floor I'm glad we are trying to land another center. The staff must feel the same way, otherwise why all the offers? Reaching out to Tape, Morgan and now this kid. It's quite obvious.

maybe the concern is the backups. Foul trouble is an issue but hopefully less this year as a senior. I think most games he’d get a foul that was pure BS.

1. the staff can't comment one way or another
2. mike said on twitter his info came from the mom
i follow HS hoops in Syracuse a lot. For the life of me I don’t remember this kid. Although someone told me today he’s grown a lot since Henninger. Anyone know how long he was at Henninger?
He was a skinny 6'8 kid who really couldn't play when he was at henninger. He has grown 4 inches in the last two years. And he is 240 we should get him for no other reason for him to show our guys how to do that.

He was a skinny 6'8 kid who really couldn't play when he was at henninger. He has grown 4 inches in the last two years. And he is 240 we should get him for no other reason for him to show our guys how to do that.
Didn’t one of the stories note he hasn’t played basketball that many years either? May not have played much in NY.

If he was at Henninger in the 2017/2018 season like it is assumed, he did not make any of the leagues all league teams. Not even honorable mention.

But you're wrong for being a skeptic.

If he turns out to be a solid addition, good. His resume is shaky and worth looking into.

But you're wrong for being a skeptic.

If he turns out to be a solid addition, good. His resume is shaky and worth looking into.

im not being a skeptic. I want him to come here. I just know I follow Hs b-ball and what would have been his senior season I would have seen him twice since I went to every Liverpool game and I just don’t remember him. So he either didn’t play that year or he sat the bench.

i wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t play at all his sophomore season at Henninger. B-ball around here is good but not great. Even at 6’8 I would think he’d at least be honorable mention since he would have easily been the tallest kid in the league. Heck, lpool went undefeated and their center was 6’1.

I know theres not much sporting news going on right now and this kid is a local kid so it makes sense to cover him in the media...but it just feels like it's all setting up to be ORANGE on saturday!

How about if he is looking to actually play? At FSU, they play everyone. He would get at least 5 to 8 minutes a game unless he is a complete stiff. Here, he might not play for two years.

How many teams load up on depth and some players don’t play? If we have someone in our backyard who is that big a presence? Edwards can redshirt we have no clue how JBA will play and Sidibe either. We hope we get the Sidibe we got the last part of the year but he’s a Senior and there is no guarantee that happens. It’s also a coaches job to motivate others and perhaps that’s part of why they want this player.

im not being a skeptic. I want him to come here. I just know I follow Hs b-ball and what would have been his senior season I would have seen him twice since I went to every Liverpool game and I just don’t remember him. So he either didn’t play that year or he sat the bench.

The skeptic remark was in response to another poster calling others out for questions about his background.

When I look at this kid he checks a few boxes that have been a problem for a few years.

1- Legit size. We have not had a space eater for a while.

2- Athleticism. Kid can finish above the rim and looks like he can move. That pairs well with #1

3- Potential. Late bloomer as it looks but has started to figure things out along with continuing to grow.

What I see with Quincy is a guy who can set a real screen and is hard to move, can finish above the rim and is a threat off the pick and roll and a guy who can defend the rim without always having to vacate positioning to do so. Add that to having someone who isn't going to get pushed around and I like this kid a lot. I mean he could also be a bulkier cat rescuer but I don't think he will. He again checks off some boxes that could be major gaps filled.

When I look at this kid he checks a few boxes that have been a problem for a few years.

1- Legit size. We have not had a space eater for a while.

2- Athleticism. Kid can finish above the rim and looks like he can move. That pairs well with #1

3- Potential. Late bloomer as it looks but has started to figure things out along with continuing to grow.

What I see with Quincy is a guy who can set a real screen and is hard to move, can finish above the rim and is a threat off the pick and roll and a guy who can defend the rim without always having to vacate positioning to do so. Add that to having someone who isn't going to get pushed around and I like this kid a lot. I mean he could also be a bulkier cat rescuer but I don't think he will. He again checks off some boxes that could be major gaps filled.

We don’t have to wait four years for him to gain weight!

Didn’t one of the stories note he hasn’t played basketball that many years either? May not have played much in NY.
Hard to get a direct answer but it seems like he’s played “organized basketball” for only a few years. Henninger May have took him because he was 6’8” but he may never have played before that