Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

How about if he is looking to actually play? At FSU, they play everyone. He would get at least 5 to 8 minutes a game unless he is a complete stiff. Here, he might not play for two years.
Well we know what he wants to do because he literally just said it in the tweet posted in this thread. If you had listened to what he said he wanted, playing time as a FR wasn’t discussed.

Hard to get a direct answer but it seems like he’s played “organized basketball” for only a few years. Henninger May have took him because he was 6’8” but he may never have played before that
If his mom is lurking maybe she can fill in some answers.

The skeptic remark was in response to another poster calling others out for questions about his background.

gotcha.

If JBA can play at all play him as back-up to Sidibe at lease through the non-conference and RS both Ballard and Edwards, unless Edwards has gain 30+ pounds.

Sorry if already posted. While he still is intriguing this tape whenever it was, kid looks extremely raw.

Not disagreeing with you but what makes you think this? Anything in particular?

Hamilton went and saw him personally and offered. If I’m a 7 ft senior with like zero high major interest and it’s April and Leonard Hamilton comes to watch me work out and tells me I’ve “got it” then offers I’m jumping all over that. They’ve got a great track record with guys like him. Sorry to say it but there’s a stigma locally and nationally for that matter about the way Boeheim and co are using their bigs. This kid wants a chance to play right away. Only other school I heard about was cincy because of Mika

Hamilton went and saw him personally and offered. If I’m a 7 ft senior with like zero high major interest and it’s April and Leonard Hamilton comes to watch me work out and tells me I’ve “got it” then offers I’m jumping all over that. They’ve got a great track record with guys like him. Sorry to say it but there’s a stigma locally and nationally for that matter about the way Boeheim and co are using their bigs. This kid wants a chance to play right away. Only other school I heard about was cincy because of Mika

You’re Joey Scubas aren’t ya?

Sorry if already posted. While he still is intriguing this tape whenever it was, kid looks extremely raw.

He looks súper súper raw in the video he just posted a few days ago too. Obviously love the size but he seems to have an extremely long way to go

He. I get has had some luck with big men. Andray Blatche, Ben Cronin, and this kid. There’s been a few others names aren’t there, I do believe there was a 6’7 kid that went D1 or d2.

And neither of them went to Syracuse lol

Henninger has had some luck with big men. Andray Blatche, Ben Cronin, and this kid. There’s been a few others names aren’t there, I do believe there was a 6’7 kid that went D1 or d2.

True story, before Ben Cronin ended up in Syracuse, he lived a street over from me. Was one of the worst basketball players I grew up with. He would literally bear hug people when he wanted to set a screen...just had no concept of what he was doing at all. He was a hockey player back then

Hamilton went and saw him personally and offered. If I’m a 7 ft senior with like zero high major interest and it’s April and Leonard Hamilton comes to watch me work out and tells me I’ve “got it” then offers I’m jumping all over that. They’ve got a great track record with guys like him.
If he went and saw him this month his mother shouldn’t let him go to FSU because that shows how careless and non-compliant Hamilton is.

My crystal balls say Cuse now

So I did a quick scan of his social media (IG) and he follows plenty of cuse content and some current players etc. Not that it means anything. Also not sure if this is recent or not but his highschool coach posted this on his IG tonight. Maybe maryland is one to watch here?

Screenshot_20200409-213126_Instagram.jpg

I should also mention the coach posted a photo of the interview he did with Niko Tamurian as well right after the Maryland coach screenshot. Probably just drumming up some publicity for the announcement.

So I did a quick scan of his social media (IG) and he follows plenty of cuse content and some current players etc. Not that it means anything. Also not sure if this is recent or not but his highschool coach posted this on his IG tonight. Maybe maryland is one to watch here?

View attachment 179469

I should also mention the coach posted a photo of the interview he did with Niko Tamurian as well right after the Maryland coach screenshot. Probably just drumming up some publicity for the announcement.
Maryland also has an excellent arts program

JB does actually do some of the recruting just so people know! Lol

"He received his offer from Syracuse on Wednesday night during a telephone conversation with Orange head coach Jim Boeheim.

Ballard has spent the last two years at Quality Education Academy in Winston-Salem, N.C. He has grown four inches in the last two years and filled out to 240 pounds, while also developing his game.

His early offers came from low- to mid-major schools such as UNC-Asheville, Radford, UNC-Wilmington and Missouri State.

Ballard was originally in the 2019 class, but he decided to take a post-graduate year at QEA this past season. Even with the extra year in prep school, Ballard is still just 18 years old."
I always thought JB made the actual offers.

I always thought JB made the actual offers.
I was just joking around because of all the JB and staff being bums when it comes to recruiting comments that go around from time to time.

Henninger has had some luck with big men. Andray Blatche, Ben Cronin, and this kid. There’s been a few others names aren’t there, I do believe there was a 6’7 kid that went D1 or d2.
David Simmons. Class of 2007, he was a 6’5 PF, extremely athletic. Played at Central Conn. Was a part of those great Henninger teams from 2004-2007.