Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Looking at his video, he’s clearly a project. If he comes here I think he’s definitely a RS for next year. My concern is that he looked pretty slow getting up and down the court.

That being said, he definitely has a huge frame. Get into a good S&C program and he could develop into a solid player by his junior year. I don’t think he jumps ahead of any of our current centers on the roster.

Looking at his video, he’s clearly a project. If he comes here I think he’s definitely a RS for next year. My concern is that he looked pretty slow getting up and down the court.

That being said, he definitely has a huge frame. Get into a good S&C program and he could develop into a solid player by his junior year. I don’t think he jumps ahead of any of our current centers on the roster.

He also seemed very passive as well. Especially on defense.

I knew him when I was there but I fell there was someone else that was like 6’7 could’ve even been a lefty. More than likely after 2010
Maurice Brown..

Good kid, good size but clearly a project. If he comes will support him and wish for the best and for him to develop in 2 years. Its weird...Syracuse basketball is starting to recruit like Syracuse football smh. Projects everywhere and lots of hopeful thoughts. I really miss the days when we recruited top notch McDonald's All Americans type big men and landed them. Now that I think about it those days weren't so far ago with Rak, Dejaun Coleman and even Fab Melo. I guess we stay wishful

Good kid, good size but clearly a project. If he comes will support him and wish for the best and for him to develop in 2 years. Its weird...Syracuse basketball is starting to recruit like Syracuse football smh. Projects everywhere and lots of hopeful thoughts. I really miss the days when we recruited top notch McDonald's All Americans type big men and landed them. Now that I think about it those days weren't so far ago with Rak, Dejaun Coleman and even Fab Melo. I guess we stay wishful
It goes in cycles.

Bigs saw how we used AO, so Rick came. Then Fab came. Then Rak. Then DC. Even Mookie ended up decent offensively before AO showed up

The past few years it’s painfully obvious we ignore bigs offensively, which leads to the talented bigs looking elsewhere because we haven’t proven lately that bigs are a part of what we do on offense. Now of course it’s the chicken and the egg because we haven’t had a good offensive big in a while to utilize.

if Sidibe can average 10-12ppg on 8 shots or so a game this year and Edwards develops offensively I think we could start to see the good bigs looking at us again

I dont like our chances considering the timing
I think the timing works in a favor considering how it
went down. Once we offered they announced his decision date... of course if he already had that decision date in mind prior to us offering then yes it doesn’t bode well for us at all

Dasher said FSU also I guess we will have to roll with Sidibe...no wonder an article dropped on him this morning

Its fairly clear that Bourama’s a very good big thats been severely hampered by injuries. Grif’s been preaching this for years. I don’t understand why our fanbase still acts like the cupboard’s bare. He’s healed up this year and put together 6 consecutive double figure rebound games. He’s looked dominant in flashes. He’s going to be good if he stays healthy. Im big on JBA as well.

Would be very nice to add another big prospect to develop into a bruiser. I’m actually fairly pleased with our center development

It seems like JB covered himself with this offer from criticism if we lost out on a big in our back yard who is 7feet tall...we should of been more vigilant about getting this guy and monitored him more closely especially if former players were involved in helping him train based on the pictures (Dejaun,Billy)

It seems like JB covered himself with this offer from criticism if we lost out on a big in our back yard who is 7feet tall...we should of been more vigilant about getting this guy and monitored him more closely especially if former players were involved in helping him train based on the pictures (Dejaun,Billy)
I think you are speaking from both sides of your mouth. He covers himself but maybe JAB doesn't think he is D1 high major talent and doesn't go full guns so no need to be vigilant about getting him. I'm sure JAB knew who he is but like all of America no one had him rated this high, or at all. This isn't a kid from some foreign country. This is a kid from Syracuse. I hope he comes here. We have 13 schollies. Why not use one on a 7 ft local kid.

Winston-Salem, NC is our backyard?

He didn't even get offered by FSU until April 4. We offered on April 8.

Two weeks ago none of the recruiting sites even had a profile on him

we can’t seem to land decent centers lately and to me that’s a problem...

I think you're right ... actually, check that. No.
It's a ridiculous theory.

I think you're right ... actually, check that. No.
It's a ridiculous theory.

I’m probably wrong and just venting but it sucks to lose out on players that used to play at Henninger whether he was 6 foot 5 at the time or not doesn’t matter. In Syracuse area we should rarely lose out on players especially with moms who graduated here! Just saying

It goes in cycles.

Bigs saw how we used AO, so Rick came. Then Fab came. Then Rak. Then DC. Even Mookie ended up decent offensively before AO showed up

The past few years it’s painfully obvious we ignore bigs offensively, which leads to the talented bigs looking elsewhere because we haven’t proven lately that bigs are a part of what we do on offense. Now of course it’s the chicken and the egg because we haven’t had a good offensive big in a while to utilize.

if Sidibe can average 10-12ppg on 8 shots or so a game this year and Edwards develops offensively I think we could start to see the good bigs looking at us again
I think Sidibe can be very effective offensively for SU this year. But we need some muscle too. Got to have that guy who can bang in there with some of the goons that play for some teams.

Last edited: