Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

I was wondering about him. If Jesse and Frank come back, we are pretty good at center, but he is a different kind of center, 7 footer with some beef.

Obviously not an option unless Frank ends up transferring. His high school tape did absolutely nothing for me so I’m not surprised to see he didn’t break through at FSU but we’ll need somebody if Frank ends up leaving.

No thanks.
Considering our current center situation, which isn't too bad, I'd rather focus on freshman centers than transfers. (Forwards and guards on the other hand...)

Wish him the best as a local kid. He needs to step down a level though. Can't teach size but kid needs a ton of work and time on the court to develop.

Obviously not an option unless Frank ends up transferring. His high school tape did absolutely nothing for me so I’m not surprised to see he didn’t break through at FSU but we’ll need somebody if Frank ends up leaving.

I saw him in HS. Didn’t think much about him then and it doesn’t seem like he’s improved.

If Frank does enter the portal, then we should go after Ballard. It is funny tolisten to the varying preferences where one person states the need to attack the portal and the next person states we need to go after freshman and home grow them.

If Frank does enter the portal, then we should go after Ballard. It is funny tolisten to the varying preferences where one person states the need to attack the portal and the next person states we need to go after freshman and home grow them.

Disagree 144%.

Why in the Portal Era would we bring on yet another project C??

Makes zero sense.
Get somebody who can play, NOW.

HS kids should still be the developmental ones, even in spite of the fact that they can (and will) depart whenever.

Portal guys need to be contributors, if not starters, on Day One.

I think it was more based upon the size. As in, he'd played in HS around 6-7 190, and suddenly was 6-11 240 pounds.

But I agree, he didn't seem that quick / athletic. You can't teach size, but he didn't seem that skilled.

I think bonaventure would be a good spot for him. Their center is done after this year I believe

I think bonaventure would be a good spot for him. Their center is done after this year I believe
Isn’t that what people said when Chino went to the Bonnies lol?

Isn’t that what people said when Chino went to the Bonnies lol?
I mean we grabbed Chino on the sole purpose of landing Bryant / maybe Chino would have put it all together by senior year. He was so raw at BK

Not surprised. I don't know anything about him, but he had 3 other 7 footers in front of him at FSU so figured he would look for an opportunity elsewhere.

I mean we grabbed Chino on the sole purpose of landing Bryant / maybe Chino would have put it all together by senior year. He was so raw at BK
Was worth a shot and it's not like Chino didn't have several other high-major offers (several ACC schools and Texas). A lot of coaches saw potential there.

Was worth a shot and it's not like Chino didn't have several other high-major offers (several ACC schools and Texas).
meh. I don't put too much stock into offers because we don't know how commitable they are or if they are even real. Also, SU was artificially capped on schollies and they had a pile of misfit and broken Cs like they had 20 scholarships. Lydon was the best C during that run. If you're turning away studs like Huerter, that's not the time to take on projects, traditional transfers, and keep perpetually injured players.

meh. if the team pulls in a transfer center hopefully not a project player...but more of a walker kessler type

...maybe another few coaches will retire/get fired and then their players will transfer out...

Like a lot of bench players, I think his best game of the year was against SYR

Like a lot of bench players, I think his best game of the year was against SYR

Whether it was his best game or not, he had 2 pts 2 rebs.