Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

There is no narrative only facts.
Look at our record
We have been out played in the post for years now
We have become a team of jump shooters why?

What?? You answer my question with a completely unrelated comment. You claim Ballard has specific skills. I challenge you about it. You proceed to respond with a rant about the program.

Show me where Ballard is something special. You claim it's another huge loss. So prove it. If you want to talk about recruiting overall there is only about 50 threads over the past year to add on to.

What?? You answer my question with a completely unrelated comment. You claim Ballard has specific skills. I challenge you about it. You proceed to respond with a rant about the program.

Show me where Ballard is something special. You claim it's another huge loss. So prove it. If you want to talk about recruiting overall there is only about 50 threads over the past year to add on to.
[/QUOTE
So you’re saying that the staff beating the bushes down for somebody to play in the post is not a red flag to you? Anything has to be better because what we have is not getting it done..

I am following I’m saying Ballard has to be better than what we have right now.

That is a guess. The staff recruiting another big man is just that. You don't stop looking for talent. That said this kid is a project. He is no way better than anything on the roster right now. His tape shows nothing of the sort. So unless there is tape to that effect then this was just another effort to add more depth and some with more beef.

If he was better than anyone on the roster right now then it would show up on tape somewhere.

That is a guess. The staff recruiting another big man is just that. You don't stop looking for talent. That said this kid is a project. He is no way better than anything on the roster right now. His tape shows nothing of the sort. So unless there is tape to that effect then this was just another effort to add more depth and some with more beef.

If he was better than anyone on the roster right now then it would show up on tape somewhere.

If he wasnt better they wouldnt have offered him.

I'm slightly disappointed because I liked this guys size. But IMO his benefit wouldn't have come for another 2-3 years. And even then his benefit was increasing the odds of having a decent center tandem.

I'm hoping the real benefit of SU showing interest is for his transfer in 2 to 3 years. The guy doesn't stay anywhere long, he'll be in the portal.

If he wasnt better they wouldnt have offered him.

He has size and potential. How many guys do we recruit that are right now better than current players? You can recruit a kid who has some things you see that will help you in the future who also doesn't have much to offer immediately. The only thing we have to opine on that is his tape. Have you seen it? What is on there that shows better now?

He has size and potential. How many guys do we recruit that are right now better than current players? You can recruit a kid who has some things you see that will help you in the future who also doesn't have much to offer immediately. The only thing we have to opine on that is his tape. Have you seen it? What is on there that shows better now?

We recruit players that are better all the time. That's why we've have 25% of our original commits transfer and another 25 % that dont leave the bench.

He may not be better but I dont think he can be much worse than Edwards.

We recruit players that are better all the time. That's why we've have 25% of our original commits transfer and another 25 % that dont leave the bench.

He may not be better but I dont think he can be much worse than Edwards.

I won't disagree we do at times recruit better players but not every recruit as how I read your initial post.

As for being better than Edwards I don't see it. His tape is not impressive at all and it's against weak competition. As I said if there is something yall have seen that shows just how good this kid actually was I'm waiting on it. If you are making that claim from what is out there now I think you are just seeing what you want to see

I won't disagree we do at times recruit better players but not every recruit as how I read your initial post.

As for being better than Edwards I don't see it. His tape is not impressive at all and it's against weak competition. As I said if there is something yall have seen that shows just how good this kid actually was I'm waiting on it. If you are making that claim from what is out there now I think you are just seeing what you want to see
There is tape of our staring center getting beat like a drum and it’s extensive

I'm done. We get it- you think our big men are D3 and suck. I'm trying to point out that there is not one thing about Ballard that says he is not going to get beat even worse. He wasn't effective at all on tape defensively. He blocked a couple guys half his size, he was tentative and slow footed the rest of the time. Ballard isnt the guy that was going to make you happy about SU center play again. If you honestly think he would, you really need to watch his tape as I keep trying to point out and yet it's ignored.

I am following I’m saying Ballard has to be better than what we have right now.

he’s not even close

just because he’s 7 feet, 240 doesn’t mean he’s any good right now.

put it this way, Sidibe averaged 15 pts, 13 rebounds and 4 block vs UNC’s big men. got that? This kid would not even play.

Last edited:

there is tape of Sidibe getting 15/13 and 4 against UNC :)

in 2 games

but you’re gonna pretend it didn’t happen, right?

Let’s try this one more time. There are two separate approaches to the center position at the moment.

1. Adding a backup for Sidibe for this season. This keeps Dolezaj at forward and takes the pressure off Edwards and JBA.

2. Creating more competition to replace Sidibe. Who knows if Edwards or JBA is the answer. Nothing is definitive yet. Throw another guy into the mix and see what happens. And with three guards transferring out, there’s room on the roster.

Tape and Haarms fall into the first category. Morgan, Ballard, and Bacon fall into the second (unless a transfer is granted immediate eligibility, in which case they can crossover to the first).

It’s as simple as that. There’s nothing wrong with Sidibe, unless he’s in foul trouble.

What if Billy's FSU is not supposed to mean Florida State University but F Syracuse University? Does he have something to pick with the CUSE?

What if they replay the entire 2003 champ game replay (not the original game, the replay with all the team members commenting), but this time with Billy only to comment on others comments. Wouldn't that be interesting? Ha!

what I’ve learned from this thread about some takes versus reality ...
1. Can’t recruit centers and losing to “bagmen” at FSU (sorry but there’s zero reason to pick SU over FSU when discussing centers)
2. Billy Edelin has a horrible relationship with SU... (HE SUPPORTED HIS OWN PLAYER BY WEARING AN FSU SHIRT OH MY GOD)
3. This could have been a major get (was not going to play ever next year. Fact)
4. This is the type of big we need (no one here knew he existed 6 days ago)

This thread has literally been embarrassing
A sign that we all have way too much time on our hands and are looking for temporary distractions from depressing corona news reading.