Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

You had both Chaz and Patterson as potential starters, not me. Don’t try spinning that.

My plan is to portal the best center that we can get.
I never said Chaz would be a starter, I said I thought he had potential to contribute, he is Billy's son. Patterson on the other hand is a legitimate recruit regardless of his high school ranking, I mean the staff did recruit the guy knowing full well that Jesse might not be here this year and that there was really no strong candidate to fill that spot.

Next years team has 7 sophomores. You would think that team will be much stronger in '24 and '25. I trust that the coaches know what they're seeing in a guy like Patterson, why not try to accelerate his development. 15 minutes a game or so with Hima, Carey and Brown for the rest of the time. I say Brown because he could play 5 against teams with no big man.
Yeah 7 guys in 1 class year is not ideal also. Preferably you want some balance and separation between class years

If your telling me that our staff took a third center who is just another shot in the dark when that position is open for the taking, then we have a weak sauce coaching staff.
The plan was to have Edwards be our center getting almost every minute, with three projects playing backup.

Next year, after Edwards' fifth year, one of those three hopefully is ready to be the starter and somebody else is ready to be the backup.

Now the plan is the same, but with a transfer in place of Edwards. This isn't complicated.

Not too long ago, Edwards was too skinny, uncoordinated and unlikely ever to produce, just like Carey, Hima and Patterson are now.

Now look at him, the Pride of West Virginia.

We have size and 15 fouls to give. I like Hima maybe he makes a jump Jesse sure did

BRING BACK CHAZ OWENS AND OFFER HIM A STARTING SPOT AND 500K!!!
Speaking of Chaz, anyone know where he ended up? Syr,com article said he was transferring to Ranger Junior College in Texas but his name didn’t appear on the roster this past season so it looks like he never enrolled.

Speaking of Chaz, anyone know where he ended up? Syr,com article said he was transferring to Ranger Junior College in Texas but his name didn’t appear on the roster this past season so it looks like he never enrolled.
Must have left the team - played sparingly in at least a few games, and is shown in the team photo (#30).

Let’s hope we get something more than Chaz Owens, etc. from Patterson.

Recent interview Patterson did with Locked On Syracuse. I've been low on him overall, but this definitely increased my outlook. Think hes going to bring that NYC confidence and toughness and seems to have a lot of intangibles that can't be taught. He could be a great player down the road if we're patient. Good listen if you've got 30 minutes to spare.

Recent interview Patterson did with Locked On Syracuse. I've been low on him overall, but this definitely increased my outlook. Think hes going to bring that NYC confidence and toughness and seems to have a lot of intangibles that can't be taught. He could be a great player down the road if we're patient. Good listen if you've got 30 minutes to spare.

Interesting interview. Seems like a really bright and confident kid. Had to just listen as him walking around while talking was dizzying. Definitely a little different in terms of some of his responses too. Hopefully some of those things he talked up are on point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom