CAA Teams Not Requited To Play Conference Matchups in 2021 | Syracusefan.com

CAA Teams Not Requited To Play Conference Matchups in 2021

Huh?!?!?!? How can that possibly work?
They're using it for non-revenue generating sports. Who really cares if Elon and Northeastern dont get to slug it out on the softball diamond?

Conferences have been bastardized and in the new era of cost savings, may just be an outdated construct. I guess a related question is do lax fans really anticipate Utah, Air Force, and Denver schlepping to the East coast 3 or 4 times next spring?

They're using it for non-revenue generating sports. Who really cares if Elon and Northeastern dont get to slug it out on the softball diamond?

Conferences have been bastardized and in the new era of cost savings, may just be an outdated construct. I guess a related question is do lax fans really anticipate Utah, Air Force, and Denver schlepping to the East coast 3 or 4 times next spring?
The CAA gets an AQ. To me they're essentially saying there won't be a real CAA champion and they should forfeit their AQ for next year. The teams can compete for at-large bids like the ACC does. To me, it's totally about whether a conference that has an AQ in any sport has a real conference competition next season. Reward the conferences that have a true competition and "punish" the ones that don't. Maybe the solution (and by far it's the most drastic) is to revoke everyone's AQ in all sports next season and have all teams try to qualify as at-larges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom