Calimari asks JB for zone advice? | Syracusefan.com

Calimari asks JB for zone advice?

themorey

2nd String
Please tell me JB laughed and hung up the phone?

http://m.cjonline.com/sports/2013-12-05/self-refuses-bail-out-his-players-zone-defense

"Though new rules changes have increased the number of fouls in college — forcing traditional man defense coaches like Kentucky’s John Calipari to call up Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim to inquire about his zone defense, according to a recent Wall Street Journal article — Self says that tinkering with a zone defense this early isn’t in his plans."

Cal: Jim, old buddy, you gotta help me. We can't defend in man. Can you give me some tips on the zone?

JB: Sure. First, set up in a 2-3. Then just roll the ball out there. Everyone says that's what I do.

Cal: Jim, old buddy, you gotta help me. We can't defend in man. Can you give me some tips on the zone?

JB: Sure. First, set up in a 2-3. Then just roll the ball out there. Everyone says that's what I do.
Or JB could simply say "John, first thing is, it takes a player at least two years to fully grasp the more complex nuances of the zone defense. <click> John? John, are you there?"

crystalball.jpg

I see a consulting career in JB's post-coaching years...

I hope he told him why don't you go ask Pitino. But why hang up the phone when you can feed him misinformation.

He could always tell him your best option is going with a player like Dajuan Coleman or Andrew Wiggins.

Last edited:
JB: John, it will cost you your soul!!!
Cal: Oh jeez, let me call World Wide Wes and see if he might give it back to me.

JB: John remember when I was just about ready to lock up Anthony Davis and your boosters/lynch mob brought out the $$$, something we don't do, well you can kiss my a@@.