Calipari meeting oriahki | Syracusefan.com

Calipari meeting oriahki

Don't think for a second that he didnt 'bump' into Noel or one of Noel's handlers while he was out there.

Of course, thats the reason i initially thought he was there...slimy as always

Noel's school is in NH. Hard to bump into him up there.

I don't think he's in to see AO. He can't even transfer to an SEC school because of a new rule they just implemented. No transfers with one year of eligibility left.

Cal too secretary- make sure I'm on the plane that Noel is taking to Oregan ...

I don't think he's in to see AO. He can't even transfer to an SEC school because of a new rule they just implemented. No transfers with one year of eligibility left.

He can play immediately if he takes something at uk thats not offered at uconn

it's not a course of study "major" issue or any sort of sitting out because of an NCAA rule, it's an SEC-specific rule. What you're saying is true for any other team in any other conference. SEC obviously is against all players that will only play one year ;). If the uconn sanctions hold true, he can go to any school not in the SEC and play immediately. I don't know why they would pass such a rule. AO is a good student and is a good player. It'd be a shame if he couldn't play for a hometown team in the SEC, if he were from that part of the country.

I've been told that Oriakhi will be able to play at SEC school if he chooses an area of study that is not offered at UConn.
34 minutes ago

Jeff Goodman

I've been told that Oriakhi will be able to play at SEC school if he chooses an area of study that is not offered at UConn.
34 minutes ago

Jeff Goodman
But if he's on course to get a degree now with just one year left, wouldn't changing to an entirely different major not even offered at UConn screw up his graduation? Maybe he is just thinking pro ball somewhere... but to get that close and throw it away JUST to play at an SEC school when he could play anywhere else AND get a degree seems odd.

But if he's on course to get a degree now with just one year left, wouldn't changing to an entirely different major not even offered at UConn screw up his graduation? Maybe he is just thinking pro ball somewhere... but to get that close and throw it away JUST to play at an SEC school when he could play anywhere else AND get a degree seems odd.
might be risking a lot... what if he goes to UK for one year, taks BS classes in basketweaving, and has a career ending injury? UConn is a much better school than UK

34 minutes ago

Jeff Goodman
I really hope you and goodman are right in that UK is trying to find a way to bend the rules a bit for AO. That bodes very well for the Noel chase and SU!

I think that NCAA one year transfer rule only applies to players who already have their bachelor's degree.

It seems kind of ironic that "one and done" is fine if you start as a freshman but not ok if you come in as a senior.

It seems kind of ironic that "one and done" is fine if you start as a freshman but not ok if you come in as a senior.
Right? It's a slap in the face of those who wish to graduate. I'm not sure why the rule was agreed upon in the first place...it's hard to see any negatives they were trying to prevent

Right? It's a slap in the face of those who wish to graduate. I'm not sure why the rule was agreed upon in the first place...it's hard to see any negatives they were trying to prevent

It was probably put in place with football in mind.

Noel's school is in NH. Hard to bump into him up there.

You do realize Noel is from Everett, Mass (Boston) right? and that Tilton is about 90 miles to Boston?

You do realize he's from Everette, Mass right? and that Tilton is about 90 miles to Boston?
I do. When i said it i was thinking it was still a dead period. Hence the "bump into" comment. I've since checked the NCAA website and see that the dead period is over at noon today. So game on for Cal.

it's not a course of study "major" issue or any sort of sitting out because of an NCAA rule, it's an SEC-specific rule. What you're saying is true for any other team in any other conference. SEC obviously is against all players that will only play one year ;). If the uconn sanctions hold true, he can go to any school not in the SEC and play immediately. I don't know why they would pass such a rule. AO is a good student and is a good player. It'd be a shame if he couldn't play for a hometown team in the SEC, if he were from that part of the country.
I'm sure he is eligible or potentially eligible, otherwise why would Cal be spending time on this. I don't think he would be wasting time on this if he couldn't find a way for Oriahki to play.

Thats the reason hes in boston
What is the appeal of AO? He is no better than some 2nd tier stiff Cal could recruit last minute to go there, so why would he trip over himself to bring this guy on? I don't get it.

I do. When i said it i was thinking it was still a dead period. Hence the "bump into" comment. I've since checked the NCAA website and see that the dead period is over at noon today. So game on for Cal.

:(
:mad:

What is the appeal of AO? He is no better than some 2nd tier stiff Cal could recruit last minute to go there, so why would he trip over himself to bring this guy on? I don't get it.

For our sake i hope this is him trying to find another big bc hes not getting noel, oriahki is the best big available outside of noel

For our sake i hope this is him trying to find another big bc hes not getting noel, oriahki is the best big available outside of noel

That was my thought. Maybe cal already knows something.

Cal: "So, if you have any interest in coming to play for me..."
Oriakhi: (interrupts) "Just sign me up for whatever classes I need to make the change. See you in the fall."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom