Calipari | Syracusefan.com

Calipari

why give him permission to talk to UCLA? so they can set the market?

There has to be some kind of violations that hit Kentucky with all of the FBI involvement in college basketball recruiting. Calipari was always smart enough to be 3 steps ahead of the NCAA. Plus Los Angeles is a huge upgrade from Lexington!

This right after I read an article that said 'Tucky fans were getting upset with Cal because he wasn't winning it all.

Not sure if it’s been discussed, but Dixon and Cronin are the front runners @ UCLA “after a bevy of more coveted coaches expressed no interest.”

Woof.

If I was a UCLA fan those two names would not excite me at all. No show time with those two coaches. If that’s the best they can do, we could be in trouble when JB retires. I wouldn’t want either of them.

Not sure if it’s been discussed, but Dixon and Cronin are the front runners @ UCLA “after a bevy of more coveted coaches expressed no interest.”

Woof.

Good get for UCLA. Dixon is the perfect fit. John Wooden made it to 12 Final Fours. Dixon has won 12 NCAA tournament games in 12 Tournament appearances. Should be a good long time hire for Westwood.

Good get for UCLA. Dixon is the perfect fit. John Wooden made it to 12 Final Fours. Dixon has won 12 NCAA tournament games in 12 Tournament appearances. Should be a good long time hire for Westwood.

He hasn’t been hired yet.

If I was a UCLA fan those two names would not excite me at all. No show time with those two coaches. If that’s the best they can do, we could be in trouble when JB retires. I wouldn’t want either of them.
Apples and oranges. UCLA plays in a small, outdated building. They fly commercial. They're a middle-of-the-pack team in a weak conference. They did Ben Howland dirty because they thought they could get one of the hot, young coaches. The fan base is pathetic.

Woof.

Wonder if Hop got a look.

...we could be in trouble when JB retires...
A prescient warning for those believing Syracuse is a destination job in the eyes of coaches (other than Jim Boeheim).
It has the Dome and large loyal fan base going for it.
But the school and city itself?
To make someone want to stay there for a career???

Why would he even want ucla uk is a better job.
Because it's in Kentucky. My god, i'd hate to have to live there.
After the last six years in LA, i can vouch for the weather. It's phenomenal. And that's not even addressing the culture.

Professionally, though, yeah, UCLA isn't the better job. But, if he's Cal, and if he brings the same... um, schemes to Los Angeles, he'd recruit huge, he'd still be at the top of his conference, and he'd likely get the school to pony-up for all the amenities and perks.

The question is, does he get indicted before the end of a lifetime deal? Second question is, if he's as dirty as most people here think, does a lifetime deal incentivize him to clean up his act? Because of the security?

Because it's in Kentucky. My god, i'd hate to have to live there.
After the last six years in LA, i can vouch for the weather. It's phenomenal. And that's not even addressing the culture.

Professionally, though, yeah, UCLA isn't the better job. But, if he's Cal, and if he brings the same... um, schemes to Los Angeles, he'd recruit huge, he'd still be at the top of his conference, and he'd likely get the school to pony-up for all the amenities and perks.

The question is, does he get indicted before the end of a lifetime deal? Second question is, if he's as dirty as most people here think, does a lifetime deal incentivize him to clean up his act? Because of the security?
And, if he does clean up his act, would he still be successful?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom