Call me Crazy, But.... | Syracusefan.com

Call me Crazy, But....

newmexicuse

All Conference
My second college team is Oklahoma. Living out here in NM, I pretty much get to see all of their games.

Brings me to the call me crazy point, but I like Nassib better than Landry Jones who will almost certainly be a mid to high first round pick.

Jones has played in a better program with more weapons, but somehow, in the really, really crucial games he doesn't dominate. He runs up big stats in a conference that has a lot of O & not much D.

My take on the two:

Better Arm - I think Nassib has the bigger arm, but Jones has an advantage in touch.

Mobility - Neither is a running QB, but Ryan has a clear edge here.

Seeing the field - Before the second half of this season, I would have said Landry, but this is probably the most improtant skill for a QB, and I think Ryan in the last half of this year has been seeing the field better than Landry.

Clutch - I always liked how Ryan performed in the clutch. He makes so many big down the field throws. As for Landry, he can get it done as well, but in the really big games, he has always come up short in his career.

So, I am going out on a huge limb here, and I will predict that Ryan will eventually end up a better pro than Landry. It will take some time, since Landry will be drafted sooner and get his opportunity sooner (no pun intended).

Funny because I was watching a good part of the game today and have never really watched him that much. I wasn't that impressed overall. Not saying he's a bad QB at all but I didn't think, "this kids really good".

I had the pleasure of seeing Landry play v. OSU in Norman. Landry has happy feet, stares down his intended receiver and throws low to his screen receivers. I noticed this as did my host, an avid OU fan who complained that Landry is not ready for big time college football let alone the NFL. In Landry's defense, my host was comparing him to Bradford and the OU defense is weak so the offense is always in a must score situation.

I agree that Nassib is better but will likely go later than Landry, unless he has an outstanding combine. it is as you said, OU has been the better program and Landry played in a better system. I think Nassib is the better student of the game and will be better in the pros.

One of my first college football memories was OK-NE 1971 Thanksgiving weekend. Rodgers v Pruitt Always had a soft spot in my heart for both of those teams. Oh an ok, you are crazy. ;)

I had the pleasure of seeing Landry play v. OSU in Norman. Landry has happy feet, stares down his intended receiver and throws low to his screen receivers. I noticed this as did my host, an avid OU fan who complained that Landry is not ready for big time college football let alone the NFL. In Landry's defense, my host was comparing him to Bradford and the OU defense is weak so the offense is always in a must score situation.

I agree that Nassib is better but will likely go later than Landry, unless he has an outstanding combine. it is as you said, OU has been the better program and Landry played in a better system. I think Nassib is the better student of the game and will be better in the pros.
Crazy. (Well someone had to do it.)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom