• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

Camping World Info + Travel Board

Let's use this thread to get the word out on good deals and where to eat and stay, etc...

Lastly, let's get some info on the stadium and parking

Orlando is served by two airports

Orlando International (MCO) is huge and located fairly close to Disney and the stadium.

Orlando-Sanford (SFB) is located NE of downtown and is a hub for Allegiant Airlines.

Other airports I would consider (especially if you plan to stay a few extra days) are Tampa International (TPA) and St Pete-Clearwater International (PIE). Two closer regional airports to consider: Orlando-Melbourne (MLB) and Daytona Beach International (DAB)

Last edited:

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Staff member
Let's use this thread to get the word out on good deals and where to eat and stay, etc...

Orlando International (MCO) is huge and located fiarly close to Disney and the stadium.

Orlando-Sanford (SFB) is located NE of downtown and is a hub for Allegiant Airlines.

Other airports I would consider (especially if you plan to stay a few extra days) are Tampa International (TPA)
~1.5 hour drive from TPA to the stadium.

Orlando International (MCO) is huge and located fiarly close to Disney and the stadium.

Other airports I would consider (especially if you plan to stay a few extra days) are Tampa International (TPA)
I had reservations into NYC and switched them to Orlando 4 weeks ago. Overnight in Seattle Wednesday, get to Orlando Thursday, game Friday, fly back out Saturday Hotel reservation at Orlando Grand Bohemian. Just need ACC/Bowl Selection not to screw us over. And also how to let the wife and work know

BVille44

2nd String
Best deal I could find was at the SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland for average of $186 per night. It is 11 miles from the stadium.

Room is booked and can cancel for free until 12/25/18.

Best Beaches: IMHO are Clearwater, St Pete Beach and Anna Maria Island over by St Pete.

Lots of flight options from Upstate NY to Tampa and St. Pete

If you are going to do a lot of driving around Florida and plan to come back...buying a SunPass might be an option. Orlando is littered with toll roads...it really sucks. One greets you out the main drive from the Orlando Airport.

https://www.sunpass.com/en/home/index.shtml

You can actually buy the mini transponder and take it home with you and use anytime you go back to Florida. Otherwise just be ready to get the toll option on your rental car.

Halfmooncuse

All American
If you are going to do a lot of driving around Florida and plan to come back...buying a SunPass might be an option. Orlando is littered with toll roads...it really sucks. One greets you out the main drive from the Orlando Airport.

You can actually buy the mini transponder and take it home with you and use anytime you go back to Florida. Otherwise just be ready to get the toll option on your rental car.
Tex u the man

Shrmdougluvr

Lover of Sherman Douglas

Anyone looking for a driver, direct message me and i can give you the name of the lady who's driven the Shrmdougluvrs the last two years. She drives for Mears, which i think is the biggest limo/car service company down there. I've found with a family of four, getting car service isnt much pricier than taking a shuttle, cab, or ride share.

I can also recommend Silvercar for rentals. Here's my referral code. PLJBQDTN. New members get a discount and there is also a black friday discount.

Also, we always try to fly home out of Tampa, which is heavenly compared to MCO.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
For Orlando I really prefer going the VRBO/Airbnb route. So many people have vacation properties there you can find a solid place to stay for cheap.

this is the time when I appreciate traveling for a living. My points will allow me and the Mrs to travel and only have to buy tickets to the game! We will go to pinstripe or Orlando. Would like to see us play a prominent “name”.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy

This is very important because a lot of the tolls are cash less and just charge the plate and the rental companies crush you with fees.

Trueblue25

Great Dungey’s Kneecap
Orlando has an impressive array of attractive air bnb’s. Thats the route my group will take upon bowl selection.

Anyone know the stadium proximity to downtown?

I have had my Sunpass for a couple years well worth it if traveling around Florida.

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated Uber pickup/dropoff point at the stadium? I have been to some places like Dodger stadium and they have specific drop/pick up for uber.

upperdeck

Living Legend
seems like the board would be better off renting a bus from some mall for a short trip 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after the game at that parking price point.

Top Bottom