• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

Camping World Info + Travel Board

Gameday Info

10 a.m. – Parking Lots open
12 p.m. – Downtown Shuttle Service begins
1:15 p.m. – FanFest opens (read more)
2:15 p.m. – Mercedes-Benz of South Orlando Hospitality Pavilion opens (read more)
3:15 p.m. – Stadium gates open
5:15 p.m. – Kickoff

corpjet

Board Prophet
We found it was cheaper to fly into Tampa than Orlando (on Southwest), have reservations for the DoubleTree Hilton Orlando Airport...

The plan is to take the little guy to SeaWorld for a Day and maybe the Mouse House or Universal...going to be a nice family get away, hope the weather cooperates...

storange

All Conference
Some of my findings
Best fares (flights)

444.00 Syr to Sanford
377.00 Albany to sanford
232. 00 Buffalo to MCO ( Leave Christmas day)
270.00 Laguardia to MCO
Anyone find anything better or close, I prefer to fly out of Syracuse ( short drive and I dont pay parking )

We found it was cheaper to fly into Tampa than Orlando (on Southwest), have reservations for the DoubleTree Hilton Orlando Airport...

The plan is to take the little guy to SeaWorld for a Day and maybe the Mouse House or Universal...going to be a nice family get away, hope the weather cooperates...
Corp-
Just an FYI, the Orlando airport hotels (Doubletree included) are in a very sterile location. Not much around there. You'll have a 20 min drive to sea world or universal and 35 to Disney and the game.
If possible, you might consider switching to a hotel on International drive. That will allow you to take a free 5-10 min shuttle to sea world or universal. Saves you the $25 parking too. Also on Idrive is a Dave and busters, multiple mini golf spots, the Orlando eye, a small aquarium and a Wonderworks. Lots for your son to do and more restaurant options too. 20 min closer to Disney and the game also.
Hope this helps.

Go Orange!

Florange44

Some of my findings
Best fares (flights)

444.00 Syr to Sanford
377.00 Albany to sanford
232. 00 Buffalo to MCO ( Leave Christmas day)
270.00 Laguardia to MCO
Anyone find anything better or close, I prefer to fly out of Syracuse ( short drive and I dont pay parking )
Try checking Allegiant and Frontier out of Syracuse to various Florida cities (St Pete, Orlando-Sanford, Punta Gorda, Tampa and Fort Myers) I found several cases of under $450 travel.

Scott...I also saw on Allegiant you can fly from Dec 26-29th for $450 from Elmira to either Orlando or St Pete.

Last edited:

corpjet

Board Prophet
Corp-
Just an FYI, the Orlando airport hotels (Doubletree included) are in a very sterile location. Not much around there. You'll have a 20 min drive to sea world or universal and 35 to Disney and the game.
If possible, you might consider switching to a hotel on International drive. That will allow you to take a free 5-10 min shuttle to sea world or universal. Saves you the $25 parking too. Also on Idrive is a Dave and busters, multiple mini golf spots, the Orlando eye, a small aquarium and a Wonderworks. Lots for your son to do and more restaurant options too. 20 min closer to Disney and the game also.
Hope this helps.

Go Orange!

Florange44
Thanks, I switched to the DoubleTree near Universal, Ive stayed there before and is within stumbling I mean walking distance, lol

Halfmooncuse

All American
I live in Bradenton. 2 hour drive . Looking to get a hotel where orange crazies are staying party that night party at a tail gate party after our win get back to the hotel.

Tex can you arrange all that for me Lol.

Last time I saw you you arranged a tailgate for USF game in Tampa. Floyd little was there and I got mt pic with him and then I lost it.

So if you can arrange for that also?

This is like that commercial on tv where a neighbor asks for a referral to a contractor and then asks his neighbor to put it together.

Thanks neighbor

Busch Gardens in Tampa is another option.

Booked the Orlando flight on December 26th out of Elmira, Dec 26-29th for $450 like TexanMark said! Was the best deal I could find. Staying at Aloft in downtown Orlando, and sitting in Open Air Club 108. Hope to see some of you folks there!

Flying into Tampa and staying there, sold it to the other half as a beach vacation, so got a hotel right on the beach.

Driving into Orlando day of game and planning to rock some tailgating!

Speaking of, is there any big tailgate besides the alumni association going on that we know of??

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Flying into Tampa and staying there, sold it to the other half as a beach vacation, so got a hotel right on the beach.

Driving into Orlando day of game and planning to rock some tailgating!

Speaking of, is there any big tailgate besides the alumni association going on that we know of??
Was wondering the same. The $75 tailgate is ridiculous.

storange

All Conference
Booked flight 27th
Syracuse to Tampa 382. Plus discount airline extras
Keep fingers crossed on weather. If forecast is bad I'm going to hit the highway and drive it. Still have the flight back (plan B)

OrangeMon

Scout Team
Airfare out of SYR is the worse. I can't believe they want over $1,000 a ticket to go to ORLANDO, FL. Ridiculous! My airfare to the island of Grenada this coming February is cheaper. Guess I'm stuck in SYR and will have to watch on TV. :(

Still good flights out of Elmira, not that bad a drive from Syracuse!

Airfare out of SYR is the worse. I can't believe they want over $1,000 a ticket to go to ORLANDO, FL. Ridiculous! My airfare to the island of Grenada this coming February is cheaper. Guess I'm stuck in SYR and will have to watch on TV. :(

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
You can also use kayak where you can check a box that says check nearby airports.

I'd also encourage people to check again in the AM. Airlines typically release so many seats within certain fare codes per day. Given the bowl news, the cheapest fare codes probably sold out early...and they'll likely adjust again in the morning.

Top Bottom