Can anybody help me understand why... | Syracusefan.com

Can anybody help me understand why...

Their downfall started last week when they lost to Pitt. It will continue this week when they lose to Louisville, followed by another losing record for the basketball team. Then in the fall they finish 4-8 in the B1G. We will see how much trash they will be talking then.

They have been better than us for a decade and have been invited to the B1G. That's why..

Fast forward a decade and things will be back to normal.. We will be competitive in the ACC and Rutgers will be the red-headed step child of the B1G. They may even get "Temple'd" out of the B1G.

They have been better than us for a decade and have been invited to the B1G. That's why..

Fast forward a decade and things will be back to normal.. We will be competitive in the ACC and Rutgers will be the red-headed step child of the B1G. They may even get "Temple'd" out of the B1G.
Of the past 10 meetings we have a 4-6 record against them. But I definitely see what you are saying, most of our wins were relatively close and most of our losses were blowouts.

and two of our losses were really blow outs for us that we somehow lost.

Wish them well. They can talk all they want, but that cannot walk the walk. They will be beaten week in and week out, split with Indiana and Illinois over time and be the perennial body bag for the B1G top dogs. They will get a paycheck, from which they will pay extra travel expenses and eventually payoff the debt. Down the road, they may actually run their sports program in the black. Syracuse will long have passed them by as the world returns to normal.

Weren't we losing 23-7 in the 4th quarter this year in Piscataway?
I don't think so. I thought we were up and kicking a fg to go up more.

Can you blame them? We deserve it considering all the trash some of us (not me) were talking about them being stuck in the BE.

Yep. Karma's a bitch. I still can't believe Rutgers is sitting pretty and Syracuse is mired in instability again. Hell, I can't believe the "big east" still exists.

Can you blame them? We deserve it considering all the trash some of us (not me) were talking about them being stuck in the BE.

This

Still does not give them the moral high ground to talk trash. They are still the dredges of college football unless they can maintain success for 3 decades or more.

They just look foolish talking trash to a Syracuse program that has embarrassed them for over a century, & humiliated them even when they were supposedly a better team in the past decade...

The overwhelming issue in the B1G's selection of Rutgiz was the number of cable subscribers in NJ.

So, to the degree that's something to be proud of, they can talk all they want.

It certainly wasn't their overall athletic program. I'm still laughing about their loss in MBB to St. Peter's last week.

The stink of decades of losing sticks to Rutgers like the oily fog that rises out of the so-called Meadowlands.

Still does not give them the moral high ground to talk trash. They are still the dredges of college football unless they can maintain success for 3 decades or more.

They just look foolish talking trash to a Syracuse program that has embarrassed them for over a century, & humiliated them even when they were supposedly a better team in the past decade...
It's a matter of perspective. We can talk trash because of our tradition. They can talk trash because they were just added to a much more wealthy and stable conference. It's "old money" versus "new money". If we make it all of the way back to being an annual top 25 team and they fall on their faces, they'll have to shut up. If they turn the B1G's money into annual success and we hover at mediocrity we'll have to deal with it.

Moral high ground has nothing to do with it. Fans talk trash in sports and right now their ammunition is better than ours.

Their downfall started last week when they lost to Pitt. It will continue this week when they lose to Louisville, followed by another losing record for the basketball team. Then in the fall they finish 4-8 in the B1G. We will see how much trash they will be talking then.
They're still in the Big East next year.

Two score game. Ten minutes to go. And on the goal line. Yeah, we definitely had no chance to come back.

smh

It's a matter of perspective. We can talk trash because of our tradition. They can talk trash because they were just added to a much more wealthy and stable conference. It's "old money" versus "new money". If we make it all of the way back to being an annual top 25 team and they fall on their faces, they'll have to shut up. If they turn the B1G's money into annual success and we hover at mediocrity we'll have to deal with it.

Moral high ground has nothing to do with it. Fans talk trash in sports and right now their ammunition is better than ours.

I disagree. they don't have more ammunition. They have PERCEIVED ammo in their own twisted little minds. Their chances of ultimate success are much lower than Syracuse, because they don't have a tradition to rely upon.

A conference is only 1 part of the ingredients needed to be successful, & although they will have more money than before, their lack of a pedigree will always put a lower ceiling on their success.

I disagree. they don't have more ammunition. They have PERCEIVED ammo in their own twisted little minds. Their chances of ultimate success are much lower than Syracuse, because they don't have a tradition to rely upon.

A conference is only 1 part of the ingredients needed to be successful, & although they will have more money than before, their lack of a pedigree will always put a lower ceiling on their success.
what would u say to boise state?

I didn't say more ammunition for success on the field. Noone knows how this will all play out yet. But they certainly have more ammunition for trash talking. A better record against us the last 10 years or so, a more stable conference, more TV income in their future. Army has more national championships and heisman trophy winners than us. Based on your argument of tradition, we have no business saying we're better than them.

Ugh! Not again! Things aren't always prima facie, and was certainly the case in that game. I won't get into the tiresome discussion again that went on after that game, but you were around and were a part of it...so, you're well aware of the legit arguments made back then... Oh Lord

As in our game, Army statistically beat up Rutgers when they played, and was in a 7-7 deadlock at Piscataway a quarter of the way into the fourth quarter. To that point & before further self-imploding, Army had two self-inflicted fumbles in the red zone and two missed field goals. Rutger's went on to win 28-7...so again, I guess they were dominated according to your perspective... Oh Lord

Ugh! Not again! Things aren't always prima facie, and was certainly the case in that game. I won't get into the tiresome discussion again that went on after that game, but you were around and were a part of it...so, you're well aware of the legit arguments made back then... Oh Lord

As in our game, Army statistically beat up Rutgers when they played, and was in a 7-7 deadlock at Piscataway a quarter of the way into the fourth quarter. To that point & before further self-imploding, Army had two self-inflicted fumbles in the red zone and two missed field goals. Rutger's went on to win 28-7...so again, I guess they were dominated according to your perspective... Oh Lord

The poster indicated that we dominated the game.

And yet we were down 23-7 into the fourth quarter. We statistically beat up Rutgers? Maybe in yards passing, but that's probably about it. Take a look again.

And, you ought to take a look at the comprehensive video clips of Nassib that were included in the Philadelphia Eagles Blogger's assessment of Ryan - that OE posted the other day. It details the flow of the game quite well while also demonstrating the pressure Ryan was under during the game.

And please note that I didn't bring the game up - somebody else did. Blame that poster if this discussion bothers you.

Thank you.

I didn't say more ammunition for success on the field. Noone knows how this will all play out yet. But they certainly have more ammunition for trash talking. A better record against us the last 10 years or so, a more stable conference, more TV income in their future. Army has more national championships and heisman trophy winners than us. Based on your argument of tradition, we have no business saying we're better than them.
10 years is not nearly enough time to establish bragging rights over us. If we had been rendered worthless for 2 or more decades, AND they were beating us at least 80 percent of the time during that span, then they can barely begin to brag. But as it stands, WE still have the bragging rights...

Don't EVER doubt me...

what would u say to boise state?

Boise State is another program that doesn't have the sufficient elapsed time to prove they will stay good for the long haul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom