Can anyone tell me why Shamarko's story doesn't get any play? | Syracusefan.com

Can anyone tell me why Shamarko's story doesn't get any play?

jekelish

Living Legend
They are doing a "sad music" piece about Marcus Lattimore because he got injured.

Well why the hell do the networks, especially during the draft, ignore Shamarko's incredible story? I'm sorry you got hurt Lattimore and I hope you do well but come on, your story isn't remotely as inspirational as a guy who lost both parents in a year and is taking care of 5 siblings while going to school, pushing cars uphill for workouts to try to become a pro football player and providing for those 5 kids.

They are either too busy talking about Geno Smith or T'e'o. Not sure about most of you but I'm sick of hearing about those two. I hope they are busts in the NFL.

Yep...

...and Bills just took a safety too. Feel for Shamarko.

there ya go, just got some mention...

I think this is a great spot for him, a defensive minded team. He will be a big hitter!!!

Shamarko will soon a millionaire. He will be OK.

Steelers had Anthony Smith for awhile too, another big hitting safety from Cuse. Problem with him was a lot of his big hits came after the opponent was already out of bounds.

Steelers had Anthony Smith for awhile too, another big hitting safety from Cuse. Problem with him was a lot of his big hits came after the opponent was already out of bounds.

His downfall was talking stuff to Tom Brady before the game, then getting embarrassed by him. Not the best idea.Steeler fanbase turned against him quick

I have a feeling that Shamarko is going to have a solid NFL career. If not for the concussion history, he'd have been drafted in the 2nd round, IMO

there ya go, just got some mention...

I think this is a great spot for him, a defensive minded team. He will be a big hitter!!!
dalai_lama.JPG

His downfall was talking stuff to Tom Brady before the game, then getting embarrassed by him. Not the best idea.Steeler fanbase turned against him quick

I remember him doing that and it was definitely the downfall of his career. Pats took the lid off steelers secondary that game. Ironic thing is, Anthony smith is actually a really bright guy. I believe he was in Whitman taking real courses and not the bs communications some of the athletes take.

They are doing a "sad music" piece about Marcus Lattimore because he got injured.

Well why the hell do the networks, especially during the draft, ignore Shamarko's incredible story? I'm sorry you got hurt Lattimore and I hope you do well but come on, your story isn't remotely as inspirational as a guy who lost both parents in a year and is taking care of 5 siblings while going to school, pushing cars uphill for workouts to try to become a pro football player and providing for those 5 kids.

Wow, what a story. I didn't know all that . Thanks for sharing.

Saw a Pitt reporter tweet about it saying how she couldn't wait to talk to Shamarko because he sounded like a great kid, but that was the extent of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom