Can he coach | Syracusefan.com

Can he coach

SBU72

All Conference
Did this game answer that question a least a little? Yeah maybe he didn't get them motivated enough to start the game but those 10 minutes at the half , wow! Not only did the kids come with 2x, no 3x the energy, there were adjustments in the zone the was the complete turnaround. JB got both BS and MD to defend not reaching and straight up. Also stand their ground against the body up from Tech. Yeah the old guy IMHO, did a good job today.

Both the adjustments in the zone and the fact that the defenders played with more effort were noticeable.

I found that to be semi-epic. He has a way of expressing the things some take for granted at times.

Let’s not get carried away.

Anyone on the board with a 8-year-old might hear the same level of analysis.

This teams problem hasn’t been putting the ball in the basket , it’s keeping the other teams balls out of it

Plus that’s been a stock line for him.

It deflects attention from the importance of coaching decisions, for whatever reason.

Let’s not get carried away.

Anyone on the board with a 8-year-old might hear the same level of analysis.

Yes, and sometimes children see things that adults miss by overthinking. Even scriptures point out this importance.

Either way, art is in the eye of the beholder, and I suppose I am looking at it in terms of art rather than science, because that is a big part of something that's entertainment to begin with. Sometimes folks pay crazy sums of money for art that 8 your olds could make or animals/random actions of thowing paint do make, so I feel a bit more relaxed with my opinion here. ;)

Here's a relatively recent example, and it becomes unquestionably epic with the actions an outsider takes on it:
Man Eats $120K Banana That Was Duct-Taped to Wall at Miami Art Fair
EDIT: I saw who it was I had replied to, and wanted to ask if this story was about you?

Last edited:
9ACF0384-0DF7-4E90-94EF-BF316C2DA213.jpeg
keeping the other teams balls out of it

Yes, and sometimes children see things that adults miss by overthinking. Even scriptures point out this importance.

Either way, art is in the eye of the beholder, and I suppose I am looking at it in terms of art rather than science, because that is a big part of something that's entertainment to begin with. Sometimes folks pay crazy sums of money for art that 8 your olds could make or animals/random actions of thowing paint do make, so I feel a bit more relaxed with my opinion here. ;)

Here's a relatively recent example, and it becomes unquestionably epic with the actions an outsider takes on it:
Man Eats $120K Banana That Was Duct-Taped to Wall at Miami Art Fair
EDIT: I saw who it was I had replied to, and wanted to ask if this story was about you?

I have to say your edit made me laugh out loud.

No sane person would doubt jb’s in-game coaching chops.
Then someone better check the ip address of the local mental hospital because there have been a lot of post that doubted just that.

Did this game answer that question a least a little? Yeah maybe he didn't get them motivated enough to start the game but those 10 minutes at the half , wow! Not only did the kids come with 2x, no 3x the energy, there were adjustments in the zone the was the complete turnaround. JB got both BS and MD to defend not reaching and straight up. Also stand their ground against the body up from Tech. Yeah the old guy IMHO, did a good job today.
Didn’t really answer anything for me. We beat a 13-13 team. Barely. In our gym.
And, as you said, he didn’t have us ‘up’ to start. Then, he did what a bunch of no-nothing forum posters have been asking for for months. Hard to credit Jb for getting bs and md to defend not reaching and straight up when bs still fouled out and md was close, after both being spelled a bit... and that’s still a lesson that should have come much earlier in the season. But, okay...

Overall, it seemed like Pastner had outcoached JB. Until... it seemed... he took Arenado off Buddy, and buddy got some buckets and renewed our faith and energy. That was a bonehead’s move.

Yes, he did good today. It didn't really accomplish anything at the time, but the numerous player change in the first half might have sent a message.
I have to disagree that that the numerous player changes did not accomplish much in the first half. Without Jesse's 5+ minutes we would not have had Sidibe and/or Dolezaj in the 2nd half. As many others have added, Jesse needs to get in the game early to give our bigs more minutes at the end. Definitey the difference in today's game. Nice game plugging the hole Jesse!!!

I have to disagree that that the numerous player changes did not accomplish much in the first half. Without Jesse's 5+ minutes we would not have had Sidibe and/or Dolezaj in the 2nd half. As many others have added, Jesse needs to get in the game early to give our bigs more minutes at the end. Definitey the difference in today's game. Nice game plugging the hole Jesse!!!

it is a little concerning that it has taken JB this long to understand this.

Didn’t really answer anything for me. We beat a 13-13 team. Barely. In our gym.
And, as you said, he didn’t have us ‘up’ to start. Then, he did what a bunch of no-nothing forum posters have been asking for for months. Hard to credit Jb for getting bs and md to defend not reaching and straight up when bs still fouled out and md was close, after both being spelled a bit... and that’s still a lesson that should have come much earlier in the season. But, okay...

Overall, it seemed like Pastner had outcoached JB. Until... it seemed... he took Arenado off Buddy, and buddy got some buckets and renewed our faith and energy. That was a bonehead’s move.
LOL! The change on defense was we doubled the post and did a very good job in rotation. One can argue we should have doubled bigs in earlier games like Duke for example, but you are going to give up 3s in rotation.

On Offense he put Buddy on the right wing and had Marek drive right because they were face guarding Buddy and would not leave him and Marek finished or got fouled time and time again.

Those were the major adjustments...

Anyone who thinks Jim Boeheim is NOT a good coach, is simply an idiot. Yeah...I said it.
I don’t always agree w/ everything he does, but his record speaks for itself. Argue his philosophies, strategy, even methodology if you will. But validation from idiots is not an issue, IMO.

LOL! The change on defense was we doubled the post and did a very good job in rotation. One can argue we should have doubled bigs in earlier games like Duke for example, but you are going to give up 3s in rotation.

On Offense he put Buddy on the right wing and had Marek drive right because they were face guarding Buddy and would not leave him and Marek finished or got fouled time and time again.

I call for that adjustment most games w/ Marek when the offense is in a rut!

Sure but we were clearly the better team and had a pretty big height advantage and were playing at home and already blew them out in their place. GT is tough but they don't have the horses most ACC teams do. Credit to the team for getting it together.

There were many times I thought the face guardins was way to close. In fact it was finally called and the defender couldn't understand why. Despite what people want, being in the opposing players shorts is illegal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom