Can someone explain this to me ? | Syracusefan.com

Can someone explain this to me ?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
From espn article

“”As a team, Syracuse has made 60% of its shots inside the arc and 49% of its 3-point attempts with Boeheim on the floor, per hooplens.com, in the NCAA tournament. It is his father and coach Jim Boeheim's first Sweet 16 appearance since the 2017-18 season. None of this makes sense, but the elder Boeheim's best work in the postseason rarely does.”

First sweet 16 since 17-18 ? Refresh my memory ... that’s 1 tournament right ?

From espn article

“”As a team, Syracuse has made 60% of its shots inside the arc and 49% of its 3-point attempts with Boeheim on the floor, per hooplens.com, in the NCAA tournament. It is his father and coach Jim Boeheim's first Sweet 16 appearance since the 2017-18 season. None of this makes sense, but the elder Boeheim's best work in the postseason rarely does.”

First sweet 16 since 17-18 ? Refresh my memory ... that’s 1 tournament right ?

yea the ‘17-18 season is 1 season. they made the sweet 16 march 2018, but that season started in nov 2017, hence the ‘17-18 season. i dont know why the article didnt just say first sweet 16 appearance since 2018.

You should at least tell us who wrote this so we can crap on them properly.

It’s purposely trying to make it sound like some long drought
IDK. Maybe but that seems to be the way they say it. I hear that kind of statement on TV all the time, said about dozens of teams in multiple sports and I have to scratch my head. Often said when there's no particular reason to try to exaggerate anything.

It’s purposely trying to make it sound like some long drought

and there wasnt even a tournament last year! so their last sweet 16 was literally only 2 tournaments ago.

IDK. Maybe but that seems to be the way they say it. I hear that kind of statement on TV all the time, said about dozens of teams in multiple sports and I have to scratch my head. Often said when there's no particular reason to try to exaggerate anything.

They did say we were the 8th best out of the 16 remaining

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom