Can we live without the Virginia Plays? | Syracusefan.com

Can we live without the Virginia Plays?

Don

2nd String
I think the season and to a much larger extent the progress of the program is really dependent on Eric Dungey. He simply has to stay healthy. As much as i loved watching him hurdle in the Virginia game i would not like to see many of those types of plays again. He simply must learn to protect himself, I still think he will run 10-12 times a game , look at how many times Robert Griffin ran at Baylor he averaged at least ten carries a game during his Heisman winning year. I don't think you can take the ball totally out of Dungey's hand , it is one of those things that makes him a complete QB. I will settle for 10 -12 runs a game as long as there are no airborne , see how tall of a defender I can jump over type of runs. I would much rather the highlights show him throwing a long bomb to Estime or a perfectly thrown corner route to one of the tall receivers in the end zone than a scrambling 15 yard run where he takes a monster hit at the end. If the highlights are running and jumping vs throwing the ball around I dont think that bodes well.

Me thinks this staff has instilled a certain run discipline into young Mr. Dungey. Just hope the O-line keeps him from getting blind-sided while in the pocket. And pray for no more criminal shots like in the Central Michigan game--I still fume every time I think of that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom