Can we please put an end to the Girard eating jokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Shoes Avatar Guy
I mean this is in all seriousness. I know it’s an attempt at some good humor & levity, and it’s so over the top it’s not supposed to be taken seriously... but it’s falling flat & and it’s getting too far out of bounds.

Girard is a sophomore in college, he’s not teflon & not immune to the criticism. Not only that he’s one of our own. I’m starting to get worn down by incessant repetition of it & it’s not even directed at me. Move on & find another take, he’s a real person not a cartoon character.

HOFCeluck & OttoinGrotto i’m looking at you specifically. Find some new material that doesn’t personally attack one of our own players.

CanadianSU

Hall of Fame
Idk can always make jokes about the bad basketball... I mean there’s a lot to laugh at in the regard right now.

it’s a message board I say let the people have fun!

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
I mean this is in all seriousness. I know it’s an attempt at some good humor & levity, and it’s so over the top it’s not supposed to be taken seriously... but it’s falling flat & and it’s getting too far out of bounds.

Girard is a sophomore in college, he’s not teflon & not immune to the criticism. Not only that he’s one of our own. I’m starting to get worn down by incessant repetition of it & it’s not even directed at me. Move on & find another take, he’s a real person not a cartoon character.

HOFCeluck & OttoinGrotto i’m looking at you specifically. Find some new material that doesn’t personally attack one of our own players.

Yeah .. we need to stick a fork in it ..

patcuse

Scout Team

That’s the problem theses dorks still watch cartoons and think it’s funny.

HOFCeluck

Life has no meaning. We are all just water.
I loved Clone Wars. Filoni is the GOAT.

But seriously it came from an (over) reaction to the overreaction in the Bryant game thread. It’s obviously not meant to be mean spirited but mayhaps it’s run it’s course? I guess I’ll find a new schtick. Like spacing, or the size of court in college vs pros.

But when you read your 88776th straight “Buddy plays too many minutes and Kadaray plays to frw minutes” post without a Rascal joke to introduce some levity you’ll be back. THEY ALL COME BACK.

KevMonstah

Scout Team
Oh, c'mon it is funny. And he brought it on himself with the "i put on about ten
lbs to help gain separation." Uh, what? What athlete puts on weight to help with
quickness? Any of these were better answers ...

"I put on weight to help take the abuse, as I broke down last year." Ok.
"I put on weight so I wouldn't get moved around as much." Ok.
"I added some muscle and got stronger to finish through contact." Sure.

not

"I added weight to help gain separation." Say again?

Kev

EnviroSciGuy

Resident woody plant obsessive
I loved Clone Wars. Filoni is the GOAT.

But seriously it came from an (over) reaction to the overreaction in the Bryant game thread. It’s obviously not meant to be mean spirited but mayhaps it’s run it’s course? I guess I’ll find a new schtick. Like spacing, or the size of court in college vs pros.

But when you read your 88776th straight “Buddy plays too many minutes and Kadaray plays to frw minutes” post without a Rascal joke to introduce some levity you’ll be back. THEY ALL COME BACK.
Not a fan of the new continuity in general but I like the Mandalorian. Now the question is if GMac can be Luke Skywalker to JG3's Grogu. Now THAT would be a disturbing photoshop...

JRHEETER

All Conference
Well...I mean...I think people point it out because it has effected his game...and not in a positive way IMO

Fat tire 13

But I really prefer IPAs
This is like when the teacher tells the entire class to stop picking on someone. It will only add to the problem.

I would like to think Joe G would have some fun with this if he actually read the jokes on the board. He is a talker himself, and could probably dish it right back if he wanted to

HOFCeluck

This cartoons dig is way more random than me making a comment like Joe Girard's the first player I've ever seen act as a screener when running a three man weave, for instance.

Yeah there are quite a few excellent cartoons appropriate for kids AND adults. Many of them are far more sophisticated than jokes about a certain one of our players having his own private stock of HoHos in the Melo Center.

HOFCeluck

1611673224938.png

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
This is like when the teacher tells the entire class to stop picking on someone. It will only add to the problem.

I would like to think Joe G would have some fun with this if he actually read the jokes on the board. He is a talker himself, and could probably dish it right back if he wanted to
I welcome Joey G dishing some fat jokes back at me.

Otto knows they would be deserved in more ways than one.

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
Yeah there are quite a few excellent cartoons appropriate for kids AND adults. Many of them are far more sophisticated than jokes about a certain one of our players having his own private stock of HoHos in the Melo Center.
Joe thinks of it more like the Caramello center, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom