Can you say Kentuck vs. Cuse at MSG! | Syracusefan.com

Can you say Kentuck vs. Cuse at MSG!

If we play UK it will be at Rupp
There is always hope of a MSG game. Would be nice to put it to them at RUPP as well, heck we don't have anything to lose, pressure would be on KY. Lose at home to the CUSE? They might not want that.

There is always hope of a MSG game. Would be nice to put it to them at RUPP as well, heck we don't have anything to lose, pressure would be on KY. Lose at home to the CUSE? They might not want that.
I'd love for SU to play at Rupp next season

Kentucky doesn't leave the state of Kentucky unless it's with NC or Indiana. I know, according to ESPN we are the only ones that do so.

I'd rather have it at the dome but that's only cus im biased.

Kentucky doesn't leave the state of Kentucky unless it's with NC or Indiana. I know, according to ESPN we are the only ones that do so.

They played at MSG last year.

OK, this thread is crap. I thought a game was actually announced. Then you see the freaking bleacher report link and know its complete BS. Everyone knows that a SU-UK BE/SEC Challenge game is a no brainer. We also know that those games are played on campus now, so the BR guy already has less information than everyone on this board. Further - this game being the obvious choice means nothing with respect to it actually happening. Cuse and UConn were picked to finish tied for 1st in the Big East last year and UK got St. Johns in the challenge.

UK is playing the Knicks, not Cuse. And apparently will win. :rolleyes:

I'd love to end their home winning streak next year with a much more mature team.

Could we make it forbidden to link to any Bleacher Report stuff? That site is an absolute joke.

OK, this thread is crap. I thought a game was actually announced. Then you see the freaking bleacher report link and know its complete BS. Everyone knows that a SU-UK BE/SEC Challenge game is a no brainer. We also know that those games are played on campus now, so the BR guy already has less information than everyone on this board. Further - this game being the obvious choice means nothing with respect to it actually happening. Cuse and UConn were picked to finish tied for 1st in the Big East last year and UK got St. Johns in the challenge.
Not true....many have been played on alternate sites already, including Cuse/Fla games which were played at Tampa, not Gainsville. There is no rule that these games have to played at any particular site. Really don't care where they paly as long as they do, be it nuetral, Rupp or the Dome.

OK, this thread is crap. I thought a game was actually announced. Then you see the freaking bleacher report link and know its complete BS.
you know two things when you see Bleacher Report: (1) you probably will have to click through at least 20 slides to discover that (2) it's bullspit

Actually just read that they changed the format, so HoustonCuse may be right. A nuetral site can be chosen by the home team if they so choose. No reason for either of tehse teams to do that. But for some reason KY played St. Johns last year instead of the BIG East #1. Wouldn't put it past them that this is not the case again next year with KY playing UCONN or Depaul at RUPP again.

I hope you aren't dogging uk's ooc sched and comparing it to ours. I hope...

Kentucky doesn't leave division 2 until March.

They went to Maui last year I believe. The UNC game was @UNC last year too I think. I want to play them anywhere. They would bring fans to MSG. Probably 60/40 us.

Everyone in the country wants to see this matchup, feeling a little cheated that circumstances prevented a clash in the Championship game. But, does anyone know who decides the final matchups and schedule? I imagine that once the BE determines who will be excluded, there must be some sort of cooperative committee that sets the pairings. And, how are the home teams chosen? Anyone have any insight as to who makes these decisions, how and when?

Calipari, with a boatload of freshman, will not want this early season game against experienced players .

Everyone in the country wants to see this matchup, feeling a little cheated that circumstances prevented a clash in the Championship game. But, does anyone know who decides the final matchups and schedule? I imagine that once the BE determines who will be excluded, there must be some sort of cooperative committee that sets the pairings. And, how are the home teams chosen? Anyone have any insight as to who makes these decisions, how and when?

If anything, people feel cheated about not seeing a healthy UNC match-up against UK in the final. An SU-UK match-up would have been interesting as well, but UNC and UK were consensus 1 and 2 at the beginning of the season and were seperated by a bucket in their Rupp match-up in December.

nice 10 year anniversary . . . November 2002, Syracuse had lost several veteran players but had some talented freshman and sophomores led by a McDonald's All American freshman, and faced a John Calipari coached team at MSG. SU lost that battle, but won the war. Wouldn't it be nice if history repeated?

Pretty sure the conference offices have little to say about the matchups. Rather that 4-letter entity in Bristol will decide who plays who (at least for the top 3 or 4 matchups).

Although I like alot of the predictions, I HATE reading articles on the Bleacher Report website - so annoying.

The Big East will take care of us, another Florida game or maybe the high flying Tide down at Tuskalooka, however that is spelled!