Can't Wait Until PSU Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Can't Wait Until PSU Next Year

Gr8 time and CNY'ers need to get a life...man up and go next year

I wouldn't be using Buzz's most famous quote to encourage fan attendance.

BTW, the PSU game will be a de facto road game for us. I am guessing at least a 2:1 ratio of PSU fans to Cuse fans.

Gr8 time and CNY'ers need to get a life...man up and go next year
well you know me and my Sopranos clan (he says with great affection!) will be there with bells on (not to mention eggplant parm, sausage with peppers and onions, rice balls, chicken cutlets, Italian heros and on and on). Even while running for cover from gail force winds and torrential downpours, it may have been the best food tailgate ever!

With the ACC coming...we'll have at least 2 marquee games a year in the Dome...equal to or better than WVU.

To throw one game on average every other year in MetLife is really not that big of a deal. Cuse got PSU to do 1-1-1's and it is a win-win for everyone. Throw in a 1-1-1 with WVU, tOSU, and Michigan. If ND joins us as a partial member throw them in there too. Schedule smartly and have 6 games in the Dome for MetLife years. If we can parlay MelLife into 1-1-1's the CNY fan will actually be better off.

I treated this as an in season Bowl Game...CNY'ers need to go if they can afford to.

I don't think any CNY fans can be upset with this game. Its a true neutral game and not a home game. Penn St/SU will play H/H in 2020-2021. This game is like the Cowboys Classic, Chic-fli-a bowl down in Atlanta its a neutral field game that will get us on ABC/ESPN2 opening day. CNYers will be more inclined to go this game even though Ped St will outdraw us as it will be Labor Day weekend and NYC will be buzzing with the US Open and football's return.

We pretty much need to beat the Hell out of them.

With the ACC coming...we'll have at least 2 marquee games a year in the Dome...equal to or better than WVU.

To throw one game on average every other year in MetLife is really not that big of a deal. Cuse got PSU to do 1-1-1's and it is a win-win for everyone. Throw in a 1-1-1 with WVU, tOSU, and Michigan. If ND joins us as a partial member throw them in there too. Schedule smartly and have 6 games in the Dome for MetLife years. If we can parlay MelLife into 1-1-1's the CNY fan will actually be better off.

I treated this as an in season Bowl Game...CNY'ers need to go if they can afford to.

It works out pretty nice if we do 1-1-1 with two OOC BCS teams per year.

Year 1- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 2- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 3- we have 7 H, 5 A broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 4- we have 6 H, 6 A broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 5- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 6- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS MetLife

So over a six year period we would have 6 Dome games five times with 5 BCS opponents every year. The other year we would have seven home games with six being BCS teams. Only one of the six years would we have 6 road games. And four of the six years we have a MetLife game. As a fan this would be the greatest thing possible. However it would make it very very very difficult to make a Bowl. Having to go 5-6 vs BCS teams every year isn't easy.

That being said it really is only one more BCS game than we plan on playing anyway going forward. We would have to schedule smart and go for beatable BCS teams that can draw crowds. Teams that are name brands but are beatable like Tenn, UCLA, Iowa, TCU, etc.

Year 1- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 2- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 3- we have 7 H, 5 A broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 4- we have 6 H, 6 A broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 5- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 6- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS MetLife

So over a six year period we would have 6 Dome games five times with 5 BCS opponents every year. The other year we would have seven home games with six being BCS teams. Only one of the six years would we have 6 road games. And four of the six years we have a MetLife game. As a fan this would be the greatest thing possible. However it would make it very very very difficult to make a Bowl. Having to go 5-6 vs BCS teams every year isn't easy.

That being said it really is only one more BCS game than we plan on playing anyway going forward. We would have to schedule smart and go for beatable BCS teams that can draw crowds. Teams that are name brands but are beatable like Tenn, UCLA, Iowa, TCU, etc.

I like your thinking with a little tweak
We need schools that can help fill MetLife...Tenn Yes, UCLA No, Iowa Prob Not, TCU No...I think Wisconsin might be able to travel decently and would take them over UCLA, Iowa and TCU.

KingOtto...maybe to soften the schedule we schedule two near auto wins every year. We put Colgate or equivalent in the Dome every year, along with a MAC, SunBelt or CUSA team willing to a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 or an Army/Navy for 1 for 1's. The downside is we basically say goodbye to teams like Northwestern, USF, Vandy, Baylor, Cal, Washington, etc...on our schedule.

You just moved the bar. You're only talking about 1-1-1's now. Nobody that I know of has ever had a problem with those.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I like your thinking with a little tweak
We need schools that can help fill MetLife...Tenn Yes, UCLA No, Iowa Prob Not, TCU No...I think Wisconsin might be able to travel decently and would take them over UCLA, Iowa and TCU.

KingOtto...maybe to soften the schedule we schedule two near auto wins every year. We put Colgate or equivalent in the Dome every year, along with a MAC, SunBelt or CUSA team willing to a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 or an Army/Navy for 1 for 1's. The downside is we basically say goodbye to teams like Northwestern, USF, Vandy, Baylor, Cal, Washington, etc...on our schedule.

Well what I had is the best from a fan perspective. From a team perspective we likely can only do 1 OOC BCS with a 1 Home, 1 Away, 1 MetLife setup. Then do a 2 for 1 with a middling non BCS school. Also would love it if Colgate is always the 1AA team we play.

So we would only have 2 MetLife games per six years. But good news is we get 7 Dome games 3 out of 6 years.

4 games at MetLife in a 6 year period?

It was only supposed to be one every other year.

Can you rework your formula for 3 BCS teams instead of 4 over the same 6 years?

It's insanity to play 11 BCS teams every single season. Nobody else does (unless you want to be the USC of the East).

It's insanity to play 11 BCS teams every single season. Nobody else does (unless you want to be the USC of the East).

Bring it

This is where the issue is though: Although we scheduled USC for a home and home (Dome), we decided to move our home game to Met Life. Then we agreed to multiple year deals with both Notre Dame/Penn State where we play an equal number of games at South Bend/State College and equal number of games at Met Life. NO GAMES IN THE DOME. This despite the obvious fact that games at Met Life versus either Penn State or Notre Dame will be at best 40%/60% in their favor - making it a true neutral site game.

The frustration lies in the competitive disadvantage that Syracuse has playing games at Met Life versus the Dome.

All I care about is Syracuse football getting back to where it was while I was in school and for the subsequent decade plus. I'm not entirely against playing games at Met Life. However, don't feed me this line of bullshit about it making up 70% of the SU Football budget. Stand up for your decisions and let's have a discussion of their merits.

Syracuse needs to get back to playing anyone anywhere, but in return for that must insist that those teams be willing to reciprocate. For eastern teams, if they want to do a home and home with a third game at Met Life great. But don't forget the game in the Dome.

With the ACC coming...we'll have at least 2 marquee games a year in the Dome...equal to or better than WVU

Can you tell me who these 2 teams better than WVU in the Dome are every year?

The best way IMO would be

Year 1- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC non BCS Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 2- we have 7 H, 5 A broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, OOC non BCS Home, 5 ACC Away
Year 3- we have 7 H, 5 A broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, OOC non BCS Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 4- we have 6 H, 5 A, 1 ML broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC non BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC BCS MetLife
Year 5- we have 7 H, 5 A broken down by 1AA Home, 5 ACC Home, OOC non BCS Home, 4 ACC Away, OOC BCS Away
Year 6- we have 6 H, 6 A broken down by 1AA Home, 4 ACC Home, OOC BCS Home, 5 ACC Away, OOC non BCS Away

That would give us 7 Dome games 3 of 6 seasons. It would give us 5 BCS Dome games five of six seasons. It would give us more home games than road games five of six seasons. It would give us a MetLife game then two years off, which keeps those games fresh. Bad news is five of six years we have 5 BCS roadies but that is unavoidable with 9 ACC games.

This is where the issue is though: Although we scheduled USC for a home and home (Dome), we decided to move our home game to Met Life. Then we agreed to multiple year deals with both Notre Dame/Penn State where we play an equal number of games at South Bend/State College and equal number of games at Met Life. NO GAMES IN THE DOME. This despite the obvious fact that games at Met Life versus either Penn State or Notre Dame will be at best 40%/60% in their favor - making it a true neutral site game.

Penn State is a THREE GAME series.

One in the Dome (2020)
One in State College (2021)
One in MetLife. (2013)

You just moved the bar. You're only talking about 1-1-1's now. Nobody that I know of has ever had a problem with those.

Well All I know is ND is the only one with no return to the Dome. I think TGD needs to work 1-1-1's with schools like tOSU, Michigan, WVU. If he gets 1 Away and 1 MetLife I would be disappointed.

As for two teams equal to or better than WVU (I'm talking cachet to the casual CNY fan) FSU, Clemson, VTech, Miami...I would put UNC, GTech and NCSt in close proximity to the cachet of WVU...pretty simple stuff...not sure why you questioned this.

Well All I know is ND is the only one with no return to the Dome. I think TGD needs to work 1-1-1's with schools like tOSU, Michigan, WVU. If he gets 1 Away and 1 MetLife I would be disappointed.

As for two teams equal to or better than WVU (I'm talking cachet to the casual CNY fan) FSU, Clemson, VTech, Miami...I would put UNC, GTech and NCSt in close proximity to the cachet of WVU...pretty simple stuff...not sure why you questioned this.

We agree on 1-1-1. As ti the 2 teams, will we get 2 of them every year? Some teams we only play twice every 6 years or something.

We agree on 1-1-1. As ti the 2 teams, will we get 2 of them every year? Some teams we only play twice every 6 years or something.

Yes...if you consider UNC, GTech and NCSt close enough in cachet to WVU along with Miami and VTech.

In the ACC our home football schedule will consist of
1 of Florida State or Clemson each year
1 of Boston College or Pitt each year
1 of NC State or Wake Forest each year
Maryland every other year and another Coastal team(Miami, Duke, Ga Tech, Va Tech, UNC) each year.
along with a 1-AA.

That is 10 games mix in our ND series and we still have room for a Northwestern, Stanford, Baylor series each year.

I would put WVU in a tier below FSU and Clemson, and depending on the season we should get another top 25 team comparable to WVU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom