Carey needs to start | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotothehole

Starter
He is the only healthy guard on this roster that's has PG skills .The kid needs to start and work though his confidence issues. Frank can go to the bench.

He is the only healthy guard on this roster that's has PG skills .The kid needs to start and work though his confidence issues. Frank can go to the bench.
he doesn't currently possess point guard skills. He has a sub par handle and he cannot set up his teammates. Unless we want to give up on the season and try again next year. The other option is play Tyus at point and let Carey be the off guard. He is a liability handling the ball.

He is the only healthy guard on this roster that's has PG skills . I miss Scoop. Carey , he needs to start and work though his confidence issues. Frank can go to the bench

No way. Carey looked even more lost than Frank. During the season there maybe were chances for Carey to get more minutes. That did not happen and now is not the time. Each game is critical from here on out. Jimmy tried to give Carey time last night. In one and half minutes he twice dribbled out of control. I guess only one turnover was assigned to him but if you watch it was two obvious and out of control mistakes. His problem at the moment is he is going 100+ miles an hour when he doesn't need to. It's a shame because minutes are there for the taking but he has not earned the starting nod. I think the best chance is for the coaches to sit down with Frank and plead with him and emphasize he is the most important factor to any success we will have. Shooting gets priortized so Buddy is next in line if Frank falters.

Cuse

he doesn't currently possess point guard skills. He has a sub par handle and he cannot set up his teammates. Unless we want to give up on the season and try again next year. The other option is play Tyus at point and let Carey be the off guard. He is a liability handling the ball.
I like Carey but he was a disaster in the few minutes he played. I see no justification to say h3 should be starting. I’d like to see HW out there first

I like Carey but he was a disaster in the few minutes he played. I see no justification to say h3 should be starting. I’d like to see HW out there first
I don't think he should play...but if he has to start like the OP said...he shouldn't have responsibility to bring it up court.

I like Carey's potential too but right now his lack of confidence reminds me of that scene in Red Sparrow where JLaw goes full frontal sitting on the desk. He's a broken man.

I think that goes to show how BRUTAL FH has been the majority of the season, broken ankle or not.

Ultimately Frank turns it over a lot less and is a better 3 point shooter. He hasn’t been good other than a few games, but he also hasn’t been nearly as bad as Carey offensively.

I love Carey’s defense and hustle. However I see how it’s hard to play a guard who is killing us offensively when he’s in there, the last month or so.

Any change (won't happen) would be Buddy for Frank, give the ball to Tyus.

4 star jalen carey logged the same minutes as ray featherstone in a double digit losing fight.

If we want to lose out and look more like the Chris McCullough team, yes carey needs to start.

We need to stick with our senior guard and he needs to figure out consistency.

Carey is just simply thinking not playing. Any athlete who has played in front of a large crowd has likely felt this before. It’s a mental issue that will need time to get through. At this point in our ACC schedule this is not the time to work out Carey’s shakiness. Next year will be the time to do so.

Ultimately Frank turns it over a lot less and is a better 3 point shooter. He hasn’t been good other than a few games, but he also hasn’t been nearly as bad as Carey offensively.

I love Carey’s defense and hustle. However I see how it’s hard to play a guard who is killing us offensively when he’s in there, the last month or so.
If JB can somehow get Carey on the court with Dolezaj and one of our true centers, we'd have three guys who either won't or can't shoot out there.

he played 1 minute . after extreme limited usage. really ? large crowd issue like the garden ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom