Carmelo Anthony MVP Watch | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony MVP Watch

MyMeloMyMan

All Conference
Through his first 4 games, Melo is the clear leader in the clubhouse on the best team in the Eastern Conference and probably the league right now.

Durant and Lebron would be a distant 2nd and 3rd as of today.

His defense is as good as anyone playing in the front court in the league right now. He looks focused and committed to playing team ball and playing more efficiently on offense. Great sign for the Knicks. I believe he will continue to steam roll the league.

The lights have come on for our young Melo, similar to the lights coming on for Lebron last season.

So what you're saying is if you were a GM and had first overall pick of all available talent you would pick Carmelo over Lebron? I just don't see how you can say yes to that with a straight face. Lebron is on another level from everyone else in the league.

So what you're saying is if you were a GM and had first overall pick of all available talent you would pick Carmelo over Lebron? I just don't see how you can say yes to that with a straight face. Lebron is on another level from everyone else in the league.

Melo is not a better player than Lebron. Not the same stratosphere. But, I believe his situation is setting up to be the perfect storm for MVP votes. The Knicks are going to win a ton of games and the Melo feel good story will sweep the league. Lebron is not interested in MVP's...he is just biding time until the playoffs.

If Melo gets a single MVP vote then this will be a great season for him and the Knicks.

Even if Lebron has a slightly better season than Melo but the Knicks win like 55 games and Melo has his best seasone ever, They would give the award to Melo because it's something different and interesting.

I love Melo, in an almost weird way, but he is not MVP nor will he be. He is one of the greatest scorers in recent NBA history, but he needs to win a title to solidify his legacy.

I would love that day, as would most Cuse fans I'm sure.

Titles have nothing to do with mvp, that's strictly a regular season award. If the knicks win 55-60 games and win their division and melo has a monster year he will definitely have a shot. I don't see the knicks winning that many games though.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

You know your college basketball season is off to a good start when there are threads proclaiming Carmelo as league MVP four games in while Lebron James is still alive instead of us arguing about man versus zone.

yeah Melo is definitely going to need to have a narrative to win the award. That's what helped Rose win it in 2011. But I dunno, pretty sure Lebron is going to be tough to unseat. Then again, MJ didn't win it every year.

Carmelo plays for the Knicks. That alone gives him a chance. If the Knicks turn into a serious title contender and he's far and away the best player on the team i think he wins it. Amare is gonna steal some of the scoring/shots though. Gahh he's such a bad fit in that starting line-up.

They would need to have a REALLY good year (which they are having so far, albeit in only 5 games)

It certainly isn't impossible. You don't have to be better than Lebron to win MVP (see D. Rose)

MVP bump. I can't tell you how proud I am of our guy. He is arguably the best two way player in the game right now. He is scoring as efficiently as any of his peers and rebounding and passing the hell out of the ball. Who is having a better season?

Best player on the best team and making everyone around him a better player. I'm just glad I got my money down early on the Knicks. This will go down as a special season in Manhattan...all because of MyManMelo.

Did you see him poke that ball away yesterday and then dive to keep the ball from going out of bounds and slap it to one of his teammates? To me, that really showed the difference in Carmelo this year from years past. In past years, if he had poked the ball away, he would have been half way down the court hoping for an easy layup. Last night, he completed the play and ensured possession by his team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom