Carmelo signs with Portland | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

F64412C4-179C-4E4C-AF7D-B0753AC0C2F8.png
62027332-8EAA-42D1-8DF1-46E76C07F5ED.png

I’m so happy for Melo and hope it goes well. He is one of the few athletes who has made all of our lives better. Can you imagine how miserable we would all be if we had never won the championship.
Melo is likely the most unlucky superstar ever in terms of the teammates he played with in his prime. I can’t recall a superstar who had less help.
And that Texas game ...

I’m so happy for Melo and hope it goes well. He is one of the few athletes who has made all of our lives better. Can you imagine how miserable we would all be if we had never won the championship.
Melo is likely the most unlucky superstar ever in terms of the teammates he played with in his prime. I can’t recall a superstar who had less help.
And that Texas game ...
What about Pistol Pete... Or Dave Bing?

Hope it works out for him.

What are the early odds on who this board blames if it doesn't work out, or Carmelo only plays a very minor role.

Melo or Dion will get blamed for everything, no matter what

Hope it works out for him.

What are the early odds on who this board blames if it doesn't work out, or Carmelo only plays a very minor role.

Blame is possible but the current list of forwards in Portland is really depressing. With two very talented guards he should actually fit in well there.

Here's hoping he fits in and has a solid season. Would be nice to see Portland make the playoffs.

Would be even nicer for Carmelo to have a fitting ending to a HOF career, instead of getting unceremoniously dumped by Houston last year.

Here's hoping he fits in and has a solid season. Would be nice to see Portland make the playoffs.

Would be even nicer for Carmelo to have a fitting ending to a HOF career, instead of getting unceremoniously dumped by Houston last year.

I'm sure because neither Melo not D'Antoni wants to revisit it we will ever get the truth, but it seems pretty clear Melos short stint by Houston was clearly personal and Mike got his revenge as he saw fit whether deserved or not. The shame of it is Houston could have used his experience once they got themselves squared up. The rockets can win a lot of regular season games but they aren't winning a championship with that style of defense and so much reliance on Capela.

As for Melo agree and hope he can finish his career on a bright note. I do think with two super talented guards that he is a great complement for them.

Something else- no matter what the pundits say ( including the board pundits) the most important opinion I look at is the players. So many commented positively about Melos return. He is well liked and game respects game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom