Carmelo to the Cavs for Love? | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo to the Cavs for Love?

I can't even imagine the Cavs entertaining it for a second.

I guess there's no harm in asking. If a trade with the Cavs ever went down, the best case scenario would probably be getting Tristan Thompson. Another scenario would be re-acquiring Shumpert AND JR lol.

I kind of expected this grenade to be lobbed over the wall, as I am sure it's probably the only trade that Melo would agree too, I figured Knicks would throw Jennings in as well, as Cavs need back up PG. That said, Cavs would be crazy to take it and they won't unless Lebron really wanted it

Melo loves NYC, he's not leaving unless it's for something that gets him to finals more or less.

I give Melo credit he has been great with the media handling this circus

I kind of expected this grenade to be lobbed over the wall, as I am sure it's probably the only trade that Melo would agree too, I figured Knicks would throw Jennings in as well, as Cavs need back up PG. That said, Cavs would be crazy to take it and they won't unless Lebron really wanted it

Melo loves NYC, he's not leaving unless it's for something that gets him to finals more or less.

I give Melo credit he has been great with the media handling this circus
He's been playing very well this month, too, and has only missed one game this season despite playing through pain some nights. It's been a nice, quiet you to the Zenmaster.

the Knicks are going to build around Porzingas and then hes only gonna play 45 games a year.

we.

are.

still.

DOOMED!!

So the list of teams the Knicks have reached out to has now increased to three: Cleveland, LA Clippers, and Boston.

If I had to guess (and assuming the other team is interested in Melo), the best package the Knicks could get from each is:

Cleveland: Tristan Thompson & Iman Shumpert (maybe moving Thompson to a 3rd team like Dallas so that the Knicks could get an expiring contract like Bogut instead)

Clippers: Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, and Paul Pierce (maybe they could squeeze a pick out of them, but the Clippers can't trade any picks until like 2021).

Boston: Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko

So the list of teams the Knicks have reached out to has now increased to three: Cleveland, LA Clippers, and Boston.

If I had to guess (and assuming the other team is interested in Melo), the best package the Knicks could get from each is:

Cleveland: Tristan Thompson & Iman Shumpert (maybe moving Thompson to a 3rd team like Dallas so that the Knicks could get an expiring contract like Bogut instead)

Clippers: Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, and Paul Pierce (maybe they could squeeze a pick out of them, but the Clippers can't trade any picks until like 2021).

Boston: Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko

Thompson on the Knicks would be interesting if they didn't have Noah. That deal looks bad for Cleveland though. They can't stop anyone and are going to give up their best interior and perimeter defenders?

Not sure what to think here.

Thompson on the Knicks would be interesting if they didn't have Noah. That deal looks bad for Cleveland though. They can't stop anyone and are going to give up their best interior and perimeter defenders?

Not sure what to think here.

I would guess they could finagle it in a way that the Knicks send Kyle O'Quinn as well or something like that. Only other option in this scenario would be doing Shumpert & JR (without Tristan, in which case Knicks probably say now) or JR instead of Shumpert. I also don't think Thompson is anything special defensively; he's just a good rebounder.

I would guess they could finagle it in a way that the Knicks send Kyle O'Quinn as well or something like that. Only other option in this scenario would be doing Shumpert & JR (without Tristan, in which case Knicks probably say now) or JR instead of Shumpert. I also don't think Thompson is anything special defensively; he's just a good rebounder.

Thompson is at least really quick for a big, he has a better chance at staying with Steph off a switch in the pnr than say, O'Quinn, or any other big on the Cle roster.

Thompson is at least really quick for a big, he has a better chance at staying with Steph off a switch in the pnr than say, O'Quinn, or any other big on the Cle roster.

Yeah, that's true, but unless he's made a huge leap this year, he's a pitiful rim-protector, which is a pretty big detriment, especially if it's Love and or Melo in the frontcourt with him.

Yeah, that's true, but unless he's made a huge leap this year, he's a pitiful rim-protector, which is a pretty big detriment, especially if it's Love and or Melo in the frontcourt with him.

Been trying to find the #'s for this year, no luck. he was not good last year. I wouldn't think he has improved a lot at that.

Just a tad undersized to be a consistent, effective rim-protector.

the Knicks are going to build around Porzingas and then hes only gonna play 45 games a year.

we.

are.

still.

DOOMED!!

The sooner the Knicks get rid of Melo, Rose, and Noah the better off they will be and can start really rebuilding. It's a joke. I like what Herangomez is doing though. He and KP on the front court with Kuzmingis might be something to build on. KUZ needs to get stronger but not afraid to mix it up. Baker does nothing for me. Lee is fine. They need to start over... AGAIN. they need to just gut it, is it really worth a 6 seed in the playoffs if they improve next year

And I don't dislike any of the 3 Rose, Melo, and Noah. Melo has been great in Januray and can still score with the best of them but at this point BFD

The sooner the Knicks get rid of Melo, Rose, and Noah the better off they will be and can start really rebuildingi. It's a joke. I like what Herangomez is doing though. He and KP on the front court with Kuzmingis might be something to build on. KUZ needs to get stronger but not afraid to mix it up. Baker does nothing for me. Lee is fine. They need to start over... AGAIN. they need to just gut it, is it really worth a 6 seed in the playoffs if they improve next year

And I don't dislike any of the 3 Rose, Melo, and Noah. Melo has been great in Januray and can still score with the best of them but at this point BFD
its no secret now what I think about KP...but im higher on Hernangomez than him. I like Kuz too.

I don't understand why Melo cant stay and take all the heat as they build around them. there is still a great role for him on this team this year and next.

It's just Isola, so it's probably wrong, but I saw an article on NBC quoting Isola saying that the Clippers and Knicks are in discussions for a trade that would send two of Rivers, Crawford, or Redick to New York for Melo. I would guess it's the first two guys if it actually ends up happening.

It's just Isola, so it's probably wrong, but I saw an article on NBC quoting Isola saying that the Clippers and Knicks are in discussions for a trade that would send two of Rivers, Crawford, or Redick to New York for Melo. I would guess it's the first two guys if it actually ends up happening.
Isola is pretty dialed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom