Carmelo | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
Is in beast mode again ... that guy is amazing ... tearing up Atlanta.

plus, he was getting fouled every time he touched the ball in the paint. Really don't blame him for getting Td up.

Whats a Carmelo thread without comprehensive analytic data on clutch shooting percentages!? Fail.

Melo back at the 4 today and destroying people more than an Artest elbow. If the Knicks can figure out how to make that frontcourt of Melo/STAT/Chandler work they can beat anyone.

I thought he was gonna dunk Teague at one point ... two of the smallest players on the Atlanta roster were jawjacking with half the Knicks ... 15 years ago punches would have been thrown ...

I never get over just how soft the Atlanta Hawks are... two borderline stars, but no heart. None.

Have they had any "heart" since Nique' left?

I never get over just how soft the Atlanta Hawks are... two borderline stars, but no heart. None.
They really are soft. Teague and Pargo were both jawing with Melo and Amare and the rest of the Knicks got serious and pissed off while Josh Smith was in his own world and Joe Johnson was laughing on the bench. Absolutely no heart or toughness on that team.

Have they had any "heart" since Nique' left?

Even when Nique was on the team, you had to question the defensive effort most nights. Per Doc Rivers, Nique just wanted to get his 25 shots up and go downtown to bang a new woman of the night. :)

Whats a Carmelo thread without comprehensive analytic data on clutch shooting percentages!? Fail.

Melo back at the 4 today and destroying people more than an Artest elbow. If the Knicks can figure out how to make that frontcourt of Melo/STAT/Chandler work they can beat anyone.

If they could just get Lin back...

If Amare had any trade value, they would probably be better off moving him, but I don't see that happening.

I really liked the floor spacing when Amare was out and they could have a shooter on the court all the time (Novak or Smith). In the playoffs, Chandler/Amare/Melo are gonna all play 40 mins per night... so, the paint is going to be congested and you'll have Baron Davis and Shumpert on the court a lot to try and stay with Dwayne Wade. All the sudden, Miami doesn't have to respect the perimeter as much. They need to find a way to get Novak some good minutes in the playoffs. I think its crucial against Miami.

JR will probably be the 2 guard on the court with Shump when they close games. I agree the spacing is less than ideal. Amare isn't a bad player by any means (he was pretty bad to start the season but he was coming around before the injury and he was good yesterday) but there seems to be diminishing returns with he and Melo on the court.

If they could just get Lin back...

If Amare had any trade value, they would probably be better off moving him, but I don't see that happening.
That Cleveland loss is just ridiculous. They win that and I think they win out and Magic lose 1 of 2 to end the season and we have the 6 seed with a chance at getting Lin back in the second round. Now we have a .01% chance of Orlando losing to Charlotte.

That Cleveland loss is just ridiculous. They win that and I think they win out and Magic lose 1 of 2 to end the season and we have the 6 seed with a chance at getting Lin back in the second round. Now we have a .01% chance of Orlando losing to Charlotte.

Yeah, and Orlando is very likely to lose @Memphis. (Especially since if we beat the Clippers, Memphis would probably still be alive to get home court in round 1).

The Cleveland game is galling, but hell, we lost at home to the Bobcats,w ho have only turned out to be one of the worst teams in NBA history.

No excuse for that Cleveland loss... playing Orlando would basically be a free pass to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom