Carrier Circle hotels | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Circle hotels

Cabs might be the one thing for a visitor where financially you don't come out ahead.

In both money and time. Trying to get one is a nightmare in Syracuse unless you're standing right in front of the old Olive and Orange (Lucy's, or whatever it's called now).

Admittedly I don't know much about the geography of the city of Syracuse. So I guess downtown/Armory makes more sense than Carrier Circle. Thanks for the info everybody. Now I just have to get the thumbs up from the wife. Which means I fully expect to be watching this one on TV at home.

il_340x270.614736767_7jpg.jpg

There's about 4-5 options downtown now in/around Armory plus the new Lofts as someone mentioned which is also in a pretty good location (2 min highway drive to the dome). I would recommend looking into them for sure. Also check out the Best Western The Inn at the fairgrounds. Its right across the street from the NYS fairgrounds and 30 seconds from the highway ramp to the Dome. Your talking a 5 min drive to the Dome if that. Syracuse Hotels | BEST WESTERN The Inn at the Fairgrounds | NY Fairgrounds Hotels

The old HoJos is in partial demolition, you could probably still camp there.

Free cigarettes too.

LOL, nothing says fun like a drunk ride home hearing about Steve Bannon, Cloture Votes and Omarossa while the driver puffs down half a pack of Old Gold Menthols.

craftsman inn fayetteville is my preferred flop. about 20 minutes to campus. walking distance to arad evans.
restaurant/ lounge on site and mall across the road. been staying there 20 + years always exceptional.

Last edited:
Admittedly I don't know much about the geography of the city of Syracuse. So I guess downtown/Armory makes more sense than Carrier Circle. Thanks for the info everybody. Now I just have to get the thumbs up from the wife. Which means I fully expect to be watching this one on TV at home.

il_340x270.614736767_7jpg.jpg
After you receive your kitchen pass...try a Priceline Name Your Own Price for the Downtown/University Area. You can save money going without a car. Hopefully the place you get has an airport shuttle. On gameday...either I or someone in the Fine Mess will pick you up at the motel...one of us can drop you back off after the game too...you might have to stay in the lot afterwards and relive the game over a brewski. You want to stay within walking distance of the Dome and Downtown. The new motels just south of Destiny would work too. Personally I think you might be able to score a bargain at one of the hotels on E. Genesee St.

Interesting, I live over that way. I've not been a fan of the Craftsman. We did a couple of holiday parties over there and weren't impressed with the food, always seemed like an flat upperscale chain restaurant reheating frozen stuff from Sysco in the back. Just not a lot of character or anything interesting. I think I've been there once or twice otherwise for dinner. There should be another couple of restaurants in that area on the way near where the ripoff car wash and old dry cleaner are.

ETA: Fayetteville and Manlius in general have crap for restaurants for the amount of money in that area compared to other parts of the metro area.

After you receive your kitchen pass...try a Priceline Name Your Own Price for the Downtown/University Area. You can save money going without a car. Hopefully the place you get has an airport shuttle. On gameday...either I or someone in the Fine Mess will pick you up at the motel...one of us can drop you back off after the game too...you might have to stay in the lot afterwards and relive the game over a brewski. You want to stay within walking distance of the Dome and Downtown. The new motels just south of Destiny would work too. Personally I think you might be able to score a bargain at one of the hotels on E. Genesee St.

Thanks, that sure is hospitable of you.

i stayed at a place this summer (yes the stone fence Oburg) and had to work quite a few nights while it was under renovation. i woke up one morning to a huge guy with a tape measure looking at me thru the window. i told him to take all the measurements he needed but the first sound of a power tool i was calling the desk. i've stayed in both halves of the craftsman and hopefully it won't be a major inconvenience.rates there are very reasonable. but then again corporate is never really sure where i am and i can usually bill them.

Thanks, that sure is hospitable of you.
That is in our Fine Mess Manifesto...we take care of out of towners. Ofcourse, you'll have to listen to us for 4 hours pregame. BTW, we don't usually talk politics (thankfully)...

Worked at the Doubletree (When it was a Marriott then a Wyndham) for years. Went back recently and still the same people there more or less. It's a good hotel, good food and room service. So many stories from that place

any feedback to offer on the jefferson clinton tex ? tickets to the landmark next month and this place looks really close (.1 m).

Last edited:
any feedback to offer on the jefferson clinton tex ? tickets to the landmark next month and this place looks really close (.1 m).
Used to be the only game in town...(downtown).

Great location...not sure if it has been refreshed recently. I suggest you check reviews at trip advisor, etc...

Several choices close by now...look at them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom