Carrier Dome implementing new safety feature for tickets | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome implementing new safety feature for tickets

David332

All American
Copied from an email sent out..

Alternate text

Introducing SafeTix™​

The Carrier Dome has implemented SafeTix™ as an additional feature for all events. To fight fraud, Ticketmaster launched SafeTix™, which uses an encrypted barcode that automatically refreshes every 15 seconds so the barcode cannot be stolen and used by another fan.

• With SafeTix, screenshots will not be accepted on entry. Your mobile tickets will now show a unique barcode with a blue line running across it. This enhancement protects against tickets being screenshotted and tickets being sold multiple times by fraudulent resellers.

For iPhone users, you will not see a barcode if you are viewing your ticket in the Apple Wallet. iPhone's Apple wallet uses NFC technology
which eliminates the need for a barcode all together.
  • An NFC token is deployed when the ticket is added to your Apple Wallet, and you will tap your phone to the scanner to gain entry. (NFC Technology is not supported on Android devices. Android and non-iPhone smartphones will continue to show the new rotating barcode when added to the Google Pay Wallet.)

Copied from an email sent out..

Alternate text

Introducing SafeTix™​

The Carrier Dome has implemented SafeTix™ as an additional feature for all events. To fight fraud, Ticketmaster launched SafeTix™, which uses an encrypted barcode that automatically refreshes every 15 seconds so the barcode cannot be stolen and used by another fan.

• With SafeTix, screenshots will not be accepted on entry. Your mobile tickets will now show a unique barcode with a blue line running across it. This enhancement protects against tickets being screenshotted and tickets being sold multiple times by fraudulent resellers.

For iPhone users, you will not see a barcode if you are viewing your ticket in the Apple Wallet. iPhone's Apple wallet uses NFC technology
which eliminates the need for a barcode all together.
  • An NFC token is deployed when the ticket is added to your Apple Wallet, and you will tap your phone to the scanner to gain entry. (NFC Technology is not supported on Android devices. Android and non-iPhone smartphones will continue to show the new rotating barcode when added to the Google Pay Wallet.)
I hope as part of doing this, the transfer function is enhanced to allow sending tickets electronically via email or via IM.

A significant portion of the fan base rarely if ever uses email. I am confident most would much prefer to transfer tickets using the same IM messages that they use primarily for communicating with their friends and family.

I am glad Ticketmaster is so intent on stopping ticket fraud. It would be nice if they would focus a little more on what their customers want instead of imaginary issues, Make the transfer function easier. And while you are at it, reduce your ridiculous fees by 95%. Attack real fraud inside your company and make meaningless changes your customers can actually benefit from.

Where are the politicians who are supposed to be protecting us from crooks like this awful company?

I hope as part of doing this, the transfer function is enhanced to allow sending tickets electronically via email or via IM.

A significant portion of the fan base rarely if ever uses email. I am confident most would much prefer to transfer tickets using the same IM messages that they use primarily for communicating with their friends and family.

I am glad Ticketmaster is so intent on stopping ticket fraud. It would be nice if they would focus a little more on what their customers want instead of imaginary issues, Make the transfer function easier. And while you are at it, reduce your ridiculous fees by 95%. Attack real fraud inside your company and make meaningless changes your customers can actually benefit from.

Where are the politicians who are supposed to be protecting us from crooks like this awful company?

My complaint with the transfer function is that you can only transfer 1 game at a time.

In order for me to transfer my brother his 7 football tickets, I have to do the transfer process 7 times.

PITA.

Should mention I like the roller coaster like graphic included that is modeled on the dome crown truss. That is the only good thing about this.

BAsed on our attendance numbers we should be encouraging all the fraud we can!

Control

I'm an old Luddite who worked hard to get the tix on my Android last year. How is this new system going to affect me?

I'm an old Luddite who worked hard to get the tix on my Android last year. How is this new system going to affect me?
It shouldn’t. It only means that people can no longer use screenshots of tickets anymore.

I wonder how many tickets a year they caught at the SU door from people who had been scammed in some way vs people who were outright trying to scam the system..

just wanted to let you know that this won’t effect anyone.

It’s all stuff that is going on in the background.

In fact, I assumed that they were already doing this as it is basically standard procedure for any place that is using e-tickets.

Basically this email is just to remind people who are illegally taking screenshots and selling them, that they will no longer be able to do that any longer

its more than just that.. its also means that if you are in bad service zone where you enter the dome the dynamic code may not work. doesnt it also mean the preloading of your qr code no longer works on an iphone?

just wanted to let you know that this won’t effect anyone.

It’s all stuff that is going on in the background.

In fact, I assumed that they were already doing this as it is basically standard procedure for any place that is using e-tickets.

Basically this email is just to remind people who are illegally taking screenshots and selling them, that they will no longer be able to do that any longer
Dammit...I'm going to have to sell my condo in Boca now!

its more than just that.. its also means that if you are in bad service zone where you enter the dome the dynamic code may not work. doesnt it also mean the preloading of your qr code no longer works on an iphone?
I thought the article says Apple uses the right encryption so putting your ticket in the wallet will still work, or maybe I am misunderstanding what you meant by preload. I know I have a friend who sent me screenshots of tickets when I needed an extra last year, that won't be an option this year.

You will still be able to preload into your wallet.

The difference will be that it is going to basically use “Bluetooth” to transmit the ticket info the the scanner

Lakeview has been using this for years

I guess.. I dont use apple.. But I read it that that the wallet still uses a revolving key that required a connection to be updated and validated even while in the wallet