Carrier Dome would have been torn down, if new Syracuse stadium went up | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome would have been torn down, if new Syracuse stadium went up

Todd Gack

2nd String
PeteCalvin said:
They lost me at "Verizon Center". Anything modeled after a Hoya hangout can't be good for Syracuse.
If the new arena did half as much for Syracuse as the Verizon Center has done for Gallery Place, it'd be a steal.

im4cuse

2nd String
They lost me at "Verizon Center". Anything modeled after a Hoya hangout can't be good for Syracuse.
Well the area around VC is amazing. I have had season tickets to the Capitals from the opening of the building and the commercial and residential development took off and hasn't stopped. The same thing is likely to happen to development around the Nationals Park, another sketchy area a few years ago. But of course there are major, major differences between DC and CNY. Not the least is the subway to help relieve traffic and parking issues. There are probably just as many illustrations where these stadium projects haven't helped, except to put dollars into others' pockets. What happened to the area around Buffalo's arena, for example? I'd rather keep and upgrade our iconic landmark on campus.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
To bad. Couple this with the 81 project, and some serious job creation would have been happening. A nice jump start for this economy. In typical Syracuse fashion, somebody gets a knot in the knickers and screws the pooch for everybody.

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
The mayor actually seems to be representing what's best for the people rather than making a major commitment with little time to research it. All of these "need to be done in a hurry" government boondoggles wreak of grifting. Certainly there are more pressing needs, and I don't see Orange fans in a hurry to kick the Dome to the curb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom