carthage lax coach stepping down

tbonezone

Hall of Fame
certainly sent syracuse some good talent. interesting comments.

"Ventiquattro posted a 457-129 record with 24 Frontier League Championships, 6 Section 3 Titles and 3 State Final appearances. But Ventiquattro says it's a different game from 30 years ago.

"You know we just don't have the same investment there once was. My family kept telling me, you know dad - you know..honey - you know kids aren't as committed as they once were. The parents aren't behind you like they were, and I just kept pounding through, Rob, pounding through, and things are changing," Ventiquattro stat "

link: Carthage Lacrosse Coach Leaving at the End of the Season

PhatOrange

Living Legend
certainly sent syracuse some good talent. interesting comments.

"Ventiquattro posted a 457-129 record with 24 Frontier League Championships, 6 Section 3 Titles and 3 State Final appearances. But Ventiquattro says it's a different game from 30 years ago.

"You know we just don't have the same investment there once was. My family kept telling me, you know dad - you know..honey - you know kids aren't as committed as they once were. The parents aren't behind you like they were, and I just kept pounding through, Rob, pounding through, and things are changing," Ventiquattro stat "

link: Carthage Lacrosse Coach Leaving at the End of the Season
Sad state of affairs. I can't tell you how many similar conversations I've had with the guys I grew up playing with who are all coaching now; 40 somethings. It's the same mantra across the board, from youth through HS. The HS kids follow the quote above; also echoed by Messerre and Riese. The youth kids, they're a different breed all together; the screen generation, no independent thought and must be treated as delicate flowers.