Class of 2018 - Casey Rogers (NY:Westhill) Attack Flipped to Nebraska Football | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Casey Rogers (NY:Westhill) Attack Flipped to Nebraska Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Lelan's son

Casey Rogers, Attack, Westhill (N.Y.)/Orange Crush There’s really no more physically imposing attackman in this class than Rogers. I’ve watched this kid grow into a Redwood in the last few years and his game is starting to catch up with his size. He can overpower most defenders with his strength as he bull dodges, and if he gets stood up, he’s able to redodge to create some challenges for defenders. He moves better than he did last year after another productive season of varsity football and then a 50-goal sophomore season. Rogers is a strong lefty shooter, and he’s got pretty good hands for a big guy too. In the All-Star game, he showed a little something different as he face dodged his defender, keeping the stick across his body until the last second, when he pulled it back to rip a bounce shot with almost no angle and the defender draped on him. The key for Rogers is his quickness and stick protection. If he continues to develop those two aspects of his game, he could be a monster by the time he wraps up his high school career.

Casey Rogers, Attack, Westhill (N.Y.)/Orange Crush, 2017

In between the Orange Crush event and actually completing this report, I’ve seen Rogers play at two or three events and he’s had big moments at each of those, earning All-Star honors at Maverik Showtime, too. Later in the summer, at Lake Placid, Rogers ran with the Burning Orange, putting him on a line with two current Division I midfielders. The same traits that make him dangerous among his peers made him dangerous playing alongside grown men, as he was able to get to his shot as a north-south dodging midfielder and then ragged a loose ball out of a pile while former pro players were knocked aside. Some watching, including Division I coaches, were shocked to learn Rogers is a rising high school junior. At the Orange Crush event, Rogers scored three or four goals in the first few games, showing the ability to use his power to get to shots dodging from the wing or from X, and also soft hands to catch and finish opportunities on the crease or with time and room further out. His size is simply too much for more players in high school to handle.

http://3drising.com/articles/recruiting/orange-crush-recruiting-showcase-standouts

Lelan's son.

Any word on his college plans? Is going for football?

500035619.jpg
Rogers not Rodgers

I wonder which coach was recruiting him?

He's got size comparable to Ian Dingman. Former Navy attack man who played cuse in '04 championship game.

He's got size comparable to Ian Dingman. Former Navy attack man who played cuse in '04 championship game.
I'm a part time Army fan so i'll think of him as being comparable to Garrett Thul!

Lelan's son

Casey Rogers, Attack, Westhill (N.Y.)/Orange Crush There’s really no more physically imposing attackman in this class than Rogers. I’ve watched this kid grow into a Redwood in the last few years and his game is starting to catch up with his size. He can overpower most defenders with his strength as he bull dodges, and if he gets stood up, he’s able to redodge to create some challenges for defenders. He moves better than he did last year after another productive season of varsity football and then a 50-goal sophomore season. Rogers is a strong lefty shooter, and he’s got pretty good hands for a big guy too. In the All-Star game, he showed a little something different as he face dodged his defender, keeping the stick across his body until the last second, when he pulled it back to rip a bounce shot with almost no angle and the defender draped on him. The key for Rogers is his quickness and stick protection. If he continues to develop those two aspects of his game, he could be a monster by the time he wraps up his high school career.
thought he lived in Cortland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors