Catching Up With the Commits, 10/18 | Syracusefan.com

Catching Up With the Commits, 10/18

While I was scouring the internet for those scores, someone claiming to be Tashon Whitehurst's Grandma commented on the Gainesville game recap that she "Can't wait until Tashon finds a school he likes". He must really be shopping around.

While I was scouring the internet for those scores, someone claiming to be Tashon Whitehurst's Grandma commented on the Gainesville game recap that she "Can't wait until Tashon finds a school he likes". He must really be shopping around.
hope that's just some troll and not really his grandma - b/c that's pretty bad if it's really the case and he's free to go elsewhere

with the new conference affiliation I have no concerns about finding another quality kid that wants that spot on the SU roster

that's strange because Alkire tweeted last week that Whitehurst was a strong to Syracuse as the day he committed. I guess that's supposed to be a good thing?

if he really is that soft on his commitment, then the staff should bail on him

if he really is that soft on his commitment, then the staff should bail on him
Really? The kid's trying to make a decision on his future and making sure SU is the right school for him. Come on.

Really? The kid's trying to make a decision on his future and making sure SU is the right school for him. Come on.
That is such BS. He hasn't been firm on that commitment since the beginning. The staff has a job to do too. The last thing they need is a kid to bail on them on NSD.

That is such BS. He hasn't been firm on that commitment since the beginning. The staff has a job to do too. The last thing they need is a kid to bail on them on NSD.
So you're saying take one of our better commits, a kid who very well could be a stud player, who plays for one of the best high schools in Florida, and kick him to the curb because he is visiting another school?

That is so off base I don't even know where to start. I'd take all 5 of my officials too if I was a recruit.

The problem may be when a kid bails on a team that can recruit or is attractive to the young man, if FSU or the like calls will he now be thinking here's my #1 since I was a kid and now they want me, it's a tough call for any person.

I don't care about him taking more visits my issue is why on earth if your his grandmother would you make that comment. It's not like she had a reporter asking her is Tashon happy going to Syracuse she just decided to put that out there. Just another spot light chaser IMO

So you're saying take one of our better commits, a kid who very well could be a stud player, who plays for one of the best high schools in Florida, and kick him to the curb because he is visiting another school?

That is so off base I don't even know where to start. I'd take all 5 of my officials too if I was a recruit.

Not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I've always said that a kid should take all 5 official visits because you only get to do it once.

When he first committed, he said that he wasn't very firm on it. He was waiting for other schools to offer and then he would re-analyze everything. If he got offered by his dream school, he would be gone.

What I am saying is if a kid is that iffy, why not move on before he moves on on us? I don't care if he could be a "stud" because they are all supposed to be "studs". The staff has a job to do to get recruits who want to come here.

This has nothing to do with this kid's future. He should take all 5 officials, I never said he shouldn't.

I don't care about him taking more visits my issue is why on earth if your his grandmother would you make that comment. It's not like she had a reporter asking her is Tashon happy going to Syracuse she just decided to put that out there. Just another spot light chaser IMO

Maybe she is related to Perry Patterson. ;)

that's strange because Alkire tweeted last week that Whitehurst was a strong to Syracuse as the day he committed. I guess that's supposed to be a good thing?

Nope, his initial commitment was soft and it remains as such. A bit of fun with words perhaps?

So, I guess we shouldn't be concentrating on recruits who haven't yet made up their minds either? Why would you bail on a guy who isn't 100% sure about his commitment? Isn't that what recruiting is all about - getting kids to believe that your program is right for them?

So, I guess we shouldn't be concentrating on recruits who haven't yet made up their minds either? Why would you bail on a guy who isn't 100% sure about his commitment? Isn't that what recruiting is all about - getting kids to believe that your program is right for them?

He hasn't been firm from the get-go. I don't think he will remain committed, I hope I'm wrong.

Glad I was too hungover to drive upto Yale for the Milford game. That woulda been a kick in the balls.

Is it me or does the Leroy Owens situation remind anyone of Spruill ... kid plays for a terrible high school team and goes unnoticed for all intents and purposes.

Is it me or does the Leroy Owens situation remind anyone of Spruill ... kid plays for a terrible high school team and goes unnoticed for all intents and purposes.

Similar measurables too. I hope he's close to as good as Spruill has been.

Cuse is still recruiting a bunch of linebackers and 3 highly touted ones with multiple BCS offers. All 3 are taking official visits.

Cuse is still recruiting a bunch of linebackers and 3 highly touted ones with multiple BCS offers. All 3 are taking official visits.
Neal, Rippy, and ____? Logan?

Because I know Logan is unsure where he is taking his 5th official, and we were one of the maybes

As much as I like Whitehurst, and he has a great upside, he's still a weight room project IMO. He's 25-30 lbs from playing at this level. We are closely involved with some good LB recruits like Neal and Rippy, maybe Logan. There are a few more under the radar types like Griffin and Glanton, who possess good size and speed now. I'm not worried if Whitehurst's still looking, because the staff's still shopping around for more quality LBs, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom