Class of 2017 - CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo

One of the greatest cornerbacks in the history of football Darrell Green was only 5-8 in bare feet and 184 lbs Washington Redskins. In the Hall of Fame. Best 40 was 4.43. Art Monk said he was glad to only have to go up against him in practice and not before a live audience. He was a relative unknown coming from Div 2 Texas AM Kingsville.
Height helps. It helps hide coverage weaknesses. When you are short you cannot make any mistakes and you better have some ups like crazy. With Green it was all about timing and technique. By his 5th year he knew after 2 or 3 steps what route the receiver was running...
Green was the fastest guy in the NFL till Bo. He had blazing speed.

Power 5 cb? Whats next—uconn is not a mid major.

Ha! I didn't even notice it said that. Just figured it was all FBS.

Just saw this on the tweets. Pretty crazy.
Trueblue25 after reading this:

tenor.gif

Looks like the MAC championship might be UB vs WMU. That should be a good game.
Not so favorable matchup for the Bulls. WMU has big boy speed. Could be a barn burner.

UB vs SU in the Dome in the newly founded Arctic Cat Snow Bowl. Or the Polaris True North Snow Bowl. Or the Ski-Doo Can-Am Snow Bowl.
Polaris guy here but any would be great lol

Former East Gaston standout Robert Washington talks about his departure - Sports - Gaston Gazette - Gastonia, NC

Not sure if he ended up finally transferring or not, but, when reading the article I find his mentality towards it interesting. No attachment, when he decides he’s done, he’s done with that school, and it’s rational in his mind.

Crazy.

His is a sad story, the relationship between him and his father was so bad, that kind of thing will trickle down to all facets of his life.

He's had a really successful career at UB but I don't think we want 5'9 players anymore... As long as he is 'hard nosed" he should reach out to FHCSS... lol
Agree it is unlikely we go after this guy. His size is one reason.

Another is that we don’t have a lot of open spots left. If we take players from the portal, I expect them to play positions of more acute need.

I think we are in pretty good shape with CBs right now.

I am thinking we are in the market for an experienced and talented TE.
A DT (hopefully a really Goode player).
And an experienced center.

Maybe a tackle. Maybe a RB. We have numbers at OT but I think we would might take a solid OT with size and experience playing at a high level school. In that case, Carlos would move to center.

Thinking the late move of Carlos to center is probably significant and signals the staff has concerns Josh is not ready to start yet. I think they would love to keep Carlos at RT but it might only be possible if we can land a solid center from the portal.

Agree it is unlikely we go after this guy. His size is one reason.

Another is that we don’t have a lot of open spots left. If we take players from the portal, I expect them to play positions of more acute need.

I think we are in pretty good shape with CBs right now.

I am thinking we are in the market for an experienced and talented TE.
A DT (hopefully a really Goode player).
And an experienced center.

Maybe a tackle. Maybe a RB. We have numbers at OT but I think we would might take a solid OT with size and experience playing at a high level school. In that case, Carlos would move to center.

Thinking the late move of Carlos to center is probably significant and signals the staff has concerns Josh is not ready to start yet. I think they would love to keep Carlos at RT but it might only be possible if we can land a solid center from the portal.
Agree with this list of possible needs. RB depth is light but it seems like it may be unlikely that a decent RB would want to joint the mix though. Maybe a grad student that just wants a fresh place though.
And likely right on Ilaoa, or maybe he just got banged up and Vet filled in there for him at Center? Either way not a great development.