Class of 2018 - CB Alim Muhammad Grad Transfer from Holy Cross | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 CB Alim Muhammad Grad Transfer from Holy Cross

I've had him on the board for about a month. What do the experts think of his tape?

I thought we were trying to move away from tiny defensive backs. As a 5-9 175# grad transfer, I don't see those numbers changing much, if at all.

I just watched some of his tape, (I'll admit I wasn't watching all 16 minutes), but how about that Lafayette punter who fought off a block to tackle Muhammad?

Last edited:
I thought we were trying to move away from tiny defensive backs. As a 5-9 175# grad transfer, I don't see those numbers changing much, if at all.

I just watched some of his tape, (I'll admit I wasn't watching all 16 minutes), but how about that Lafayette punter who fought off a block to tackle Muhammad?
You're right, but in this case, the staff wouldn't be making a 4 year commitment. And if they think he could be a short-term band-aid...

Gives us depth in the secondary and also ensures we will still have maximum # of scholarships for 2019 in what should be a big recruiting cycle for us.

175lbs is a lot different though if you are a true freshman vs a grad transfer.

Might be a backup and a special teams guy... we'll see if he gets an offer

Any four year offer I suspect will be a situation like Bromley or Robinson. A JUCO offer this late will be a player who the staff thinks can make a two year impact.

Gotta think a grad guy is expected to push to start by mid September.

175lbs is a lot different though if you are a true freshman vs a grad transfer.

That’s what I mean. We shouldn’t expect him to be able to add much if any more weight. 175 as a frosh can be made more streamlined and packed with more muscle to hopefully get up to 185-190.

175 lb Sr is probably much stronger than 175 lb Fr though. muscle to fat ratio should be much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom