Class of 2016 - CB Damar Hamlin (PA) Verbal to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Damar Hamlin (PA) Verbal to Pitt

Okay...if we can somehow, miraculously, snag this dude AND Mayden?

Best CB combo in school history, right? At least, potentially?

Who knows how successful we will be with these other high profile recruits. I do like though that we've offered them after RW committed - I don't think that's a coincidence in any of these cases. Man has he opened up some doors.

Is this the same Central Catholic that Max and Cody came from?

Remember last year when we were offering kids with 1 or 2 offers. Yeah now we are offering kids with 30+ offers, oh the difference a year can make. Now lets land these kids.

Remember last year when we were offering kids with 1 or 2 offers. Yeah now we are offering kids with 30+ offers, oh the difference a year can make. Now lets land these kids.

At the same time last year, we were offering kids with 30+ offers...

Its just now after the Washington commitment, fans are seeing these kids as a true possibility and not just another offer.

Last year? How many offers did the two guys that we already got verbals from before washington have?

All these offers of 4-star kids and others with big-time offers gets me thinking...are we really ready to compete at that level for recruits consistently? Are the Clark/Pickard and RW recruitments a sign of things to come or a false sense of security? I really, really want to be confident and believe we've turned a corner in recruiting, but at the same time, I wonder if we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Do we really have expectations of landing some of these kids?

Jasoncuse said:
All these offers of 4-star kids and others with big-time offers gets me thinking...are we really ready to compete at that level for recruits consistently? Are the Clark/Pickard and RW recruitments a sign of things to come or a false sense of security? I really, really want to be confident and believe we've turned a corner in recruiting, but at the same time, I wonder if we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

We've won some battles. RW is the kind of kid that is respected by his peers. We have their ear, we have their attention, we have a tradition, we have a hungry fan base, now we have to paint the picture and get kids that want to be part of something new instead of joining a machine.

That's the great thing about sport, there is always hope. Every year you hit the reset button. It all starts with recruiting and bringing in the talent, so yes every year I feel we are ready to compete with that level of recruits. It's great to see the lack of MAC offers with the kids we are going after now.

It seems like we've always heard kids say positive things about us, but they were reluctant to pull the trigger to actually come because of our recent history. The RW commitment shows these kids that it's ok to come here. Combine that with the way the staff is already good at establishing relationships and the new IPF and we've got a shot with some of them. I'm not expecting us to land every 4 star we offer but if we can land a few more and keep up the ball rolling with an improved season next year, we may see some huge momentum build. I'm excited to be along for this ride.

people are rewriting the history books a little here. Syracuse has always offered the so called 4-star kids. The difference is the kids weren't interested so nobody really talked about it.

Nothing has changed in the Syracuse recruiting philosophy, with regards to territory or kids being offered. Maybe we're going a little more national but not really.

I do expect to land some but certainly not all. Baby steps really. We were a corpse for years, then spend a few years crawling... we're walking at this point and showing signs of running. Commits we land this year coupled with the 2 classes prior becoming jr's and sr's will get us where we want to be moving forward.

Yes and some are very close to committing

Yes and some are very close to committing
hmm.jpg

I think the first logical person would be Moe Neal, which then will domino into some other people. Could be way off base but thats my 2 cents.

I think the first logical person would be Moe Neal, which then will domino into some other people. Could be way off base but thats my 2 cents.
I think if Neal commits, we also get Colon. If Colon then commits, I think we suddenly have a very realistic shot at a couple of the 4-star guys we've been talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom