Class of 2017 - CB Harrison Hand (NJ) Transferring from Baylor to Temple | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Harrison Hand (NJ) Transferring from Baylor to Temple

Free Article

https://njvarsity.n.. . . . . . . . . . /news/cherry-hill-west-db-talks-new-offer-from-syracuse

Like a large number of schools, Syracuse is currently entering its first year with a new head coach at the helm. Dino Babers and the Orangemen look to try to start many recruiting pipelines throughout the northeast.

Late Monday afternoon Babers and crew decided to offer a defensive back out of Cherry Hill West High School in Harrison Hand. He took a little bit of time out of his busy day to talk to us about his new offer.

“It feels great to a Syracuse offer.” Said Hand, “At first they called to talk to my head coach, and than my coach told me to give the staff at Cuse a phone call. I got to talk to RB coach Hart and he offered me.”

Although Hand doesn’t know a ton about Syracuse he does say that he knows they have a solid football team and he knows one of their current players DB Rodney Williams plays there. Williams graduated from the same high school as Harrison Hand.

Hand also confirmed that will visit Syracuse on May 10th.

Pitt also sent a coach through Cherry Hill West yesterday and thing seem to be progressing with the Panther staff.

Today, Hand is visiting Temple as the staff there has made him a priority recruit as well.

“I love everything there at Temple,” Hand said.

While Hand is still working on planning some visits and camps for the summer he does have his eyes on one upcoming camp. Hand will be attending the Rivals-NJ camp this upcoming weekend.

The Syracuse offer is now Hand’s 5th offer as he also holds scholarships from Monmouth, Old Dominion, Rutgers, and Temple. Hand is currently ranked the No.55 in the state of New Jersey per the Rivals state rankings.

Stay tuned as we will more from Hand and others throughout the state of New Jersey right here at NJVarsity.com

image.jpeg

We are not taking anymore DB's. Unless its an absolute stud.

What about Brian Edward? I know he is a safety but I thought I would ask.

We are not taking anymore DB's. Unless its an absolute stud.

A DB that was invited to The Opening, the #3 CB in the east and the #1 CB from a state that we should be desperate to get back in to counts as an "absolute stud" to me. I don't care that he is a 3 star from the recruiting services. Watch his HUDL tape. He's very good and he flies!

A DB that was invited to The Opening, the #3 CB in the east and the #1 CB from a state that we should be desperate to get back in to counts as an "absolute stud" to me. I don't care that he is a 3 star from the recruiting services. Watch his HUDL tape. He's very good and he flies!
who are you talking about.

I watched his film a few times. He performs well on tests and drills. He is a good size kid that can run well. There is alot of upside there but I wasn't impressed with his tape. In addition to that, I saw lots of 1v1 reps where he got killed on. I know he got high marks at the rivals camp but he's not a CB IMO. He looks like he can be a very good safety. Not sure if he was high on SU's board. Remember Wayne Morgan was at the opening. His career never materialized despite being the fastest on the team. I think Melifonwu can be just as good or better than Hand.

I think when this young man sees SU with his family and where all the excitement is coming from, you just might see a new leader for him. I think he has been wanting to get here for some time. If he was that hooked on RU, he would have committed by now.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's going to be a spot for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom