Class of 2017 - CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 17 defensive backs, including 12 on scholarship. May the strongest survive.

Bad day to announce this, but this could be a big-time addition. Excited to see the upgrades we have made.

Bad day to announce this, but this could be a big-time addition. Excited to see the upgrades we have made.
IMG_0787.GIF

Why? The world keeps turning.

In general for this to get buzz with this board and for Syracuse fans to take notice.

He can announce any time he wants, of course.

This secondary has bodies, just hope in translates to the field. If nothing else I'm excited about the defense this year taking a leap forward.

Will he be able to participate in spring practices?

Dino knows the kid from the epic Toledo v Bowling Green games. Great pickup.

This secondary has bodies, just hope in translates to the field. If nothing else I'm excited about the defense this year taking a leap forward.

The secondary has a lot more than "bodies." They've completely retooled the entire unit, both positions.

Much more worried about the pass rush next year than the secondary.

The secondary has a lot more than "bodies." They've completely retooled the entire unit, both positions.

Much more worried about the pass rush next year than the secondary.

At this point they are bodies haven't proven anything on the field yet.

And more and more we know why Winfield really transferred.

Pretty obvious which unit these coaches decided was the biggest position of need. Not only that, but, they went out and did something about it immediately. A couple of Grad Transfers & a JUCO to act as a stop gap while the young talent here and on its way develops.

The thing that I like is DL & Secondary lean on each other, now there's some experience to sit behind a younger DL Unit. Experience in the Secondary will have multiple benefits, not just in coverage.

Now, our younger group up front can continue their growth, and by the time the majority of them are Sr's & Jr's they'll be the strength that a less experienced Secondary can lean on.

*** I gotta say, whether you agree with DB's philosophy or not, you have to give the guy credit for how he goes about his business. He develops and executes his plan of action, there's no BS. Extreme confidence in what they do and how they do it.

There's the potential to be 3 starters in our Secondary this year who've never worn a Syracuse jersey before. That's a coach who's here to win, those are the tough decisions that need to be made at this level sometimes. Obviously not ideal, but, take solace in knowing our HC is doing everything possible to get this thing where it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom