Class of 2020 - CB Joshuah Moten (MD) Flips from PSU to TAMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 CB Joshuah Moten (MD) Flips from PSU to TAMU

So if I’m looking right there is like 2-3 people who committed to PSU tonight? Why does it seem like we aren’t on the inside track for some players like they are. Is it due to our years of 4-8 holding us back still?

So if I’m looking right there is like 2-3 people who committed to PSU tonight? Why does it seem like we aren’t on the inside track for some players like they are. Is it due to our years of 4-8 holding us back still?
As I said in another thread...theses are 2020s and a 2021 who haven't even taken ovs yet. A lot of things can change before their signing days.

I think that Franklin really pushes for these early commits as a form of job security. I believe that, with one more mediocre year from the Ped-ophiles, Franklin will be gone, and these verbals won't mean anything.

I agree. There is a strong foundation of negative feeling in the fanbase regarding Franklin. They love his recruiting, but he's going to need ten wins this years with whomever he puts out at QB to satisfy that fanbase.

We certainly have a lot of early offers out to kids, but it seems that Dino and his staff really preach patience with their recruits. I suspect (no inside info) they put zero pressure on early decisions. And despite this, a few have committed and then changed their minds but one returned to the fold and another may soon do so.
I think coaches like Franklin try to appeal to the allure of the name of the institution and all that comes with it (legitimate reasons, mind you, with big crowds, bight lights, etc.) whereas Dino is all about Ohana. I think there is a sincerity that he and his staff exude that is hard to imitate.
PSU is the Hotel California, SU is one of those homes in a Thomas Kinkade painting. Where would you want to stay?

We certainly have a lot of early offers out to kids, but it seems that Dino and his staff really preach patience with their recruits. I suspect (no inside info) they put zero pressure on early decisions. And despite this, a few have committed and then changed their minds but one returned to the fold and another may soon do so.
I think coaches like Franklin try to appeal to the allure of the name of the institution and all that comes with it (legitimate reasons, mind you, with big crowds, bight lights, etc.) whereas Dino is all about Ohana. I think there is a sincerity that he and his staff exude that is hard to imitate.
PSU is the Hotel California, SU is one of those homes in a Thomas Kinkade painting. Where would you want to stay?
My take on Babers is he likes to get these young kids up for camps for evaluation and to get a feel for the kids, whether they will fit the culture. Additionally I think they want to be able to evaluate prospects academically which they can't do until their Senior year. Keep in mind that most of these younger prospects have never had face to face contact with coaches at any program until they come up for a camp or Junior Day. The kids that commit this early in the recruiting process, imho, are doing so way too early.

My take on Babers is he likes to get these young kids up for camps for evaluation and to get a feel for the kids, whether they will fit the culture. Additionally I think they want to be able to evaluate prospects academically which they can't do until their Senior year. Keep in mind that most of these younger prospects have never had face to face contact with coaches at any program until they come up for a camp or Junior Day. The kids that commit this early in the recruiting process, imho, are doing so way too early.

Agreed. Your take appreciates the very necessary practicality that must accompany quality and reliable recruiting practices. I still think my take has merit (not that you negated it) but perhaps it is the mortar to the bricks that are the hard truths as you’ve laid out above.

Far be it from me to toot my own horn (he lied), but here's what I wrote when the kid announced his commitment:

"I think that Franklin really pushes for these early commits as a form of job security. I believe that, with one more mediocre year from the Ped-ophiles, Franklin will be gone, and these verbals won't mean anything."

Didn't even take THAT long. 3 decommits in the space of 4 days.

A Hotel California and a Thomas Kinkinkade references - nice.

1 good season out of 17 will not help a whole lot. Become a consistent 7+ win team, and you may see us crack the top 40 occasionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom