Class of 2020 - CB Tony Grimes (VA) Portal from Texas A&M to Mich St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 CB Tony Grimes (VA) Portal from Texas A&M to Mich St

His offers go back to 2017.

Offers from UMD, Bryant, UVA,TAMU, Rutgers, Tenn, Duke, S. Carolina, Buffalo, Michigan, Purdue, Oklahoma, TCU, Clemson, PSU, FSU, William & Mary, UNCC, Pitt, Notre Dame, UNC, Bama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Ohio St, Nebraska, Texas, CCU, Liberty, ODU, Oregon, UGA, Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, Missouri, Arkansas, USC, Mississippi St, NC St, GT, Syracuse

If he commits to NC Mack brown is killing it in recruiting. Interesting though if he stays committed through the whole process.

Perfect type of program for him, IMO. Expectations are never super high, has all the money he needs, and fertile recruiting grounds. They're a potential top 10 program in the next few years, IMO

There’s a huge void behind Clemson for another team to take advantage of the down ACC and Mack’s doing a great job of positioning UNC to be that school. They’ve got a lot of factors going for them and if he continues this rebuild will make that job really attractive when they need to find his successor to keep it going.

Especially if Miami and FSU can’t figure it out.

Perfect type of program for him, IMO. Expectations are never super high, has all the money he needs, and fertile recruiting grounds. They're a potential top 10 program in the next few years, IMO
Agreed. I think Norvel is a good hire at FSU but I don’t think he will ever kill it there consistently. He will not bear Clemson on a consistent basis, maybe a year here and there. As long as Mack is at UNC I think this is setting up to be a Clemson-UNC ACC championship showdown every year, until the foreseeable future, if I’m being honest.

I don't see Pitt, Miami, Virginia Tech or Virginia making any moves that should make UNC nervous.

Agreed. I think Norvel is a good hire at FSU but I don’t think he will ever kill it there consistently. He will not bear Clemson on a consistent basis, maybe a year here and there. As long as Mack is at UNC I think this is setting up to be a Clemson-UNC ACC championship showdown every year, until the foreseeable future, if I’m being honest.

I don't see Pitt, Miami, Virginia Tech or Virginia making any moves that should make UNC nervous.
A lot depends on Mack Brown, who will be 69 this year, and how long he wants to coach. And if Dabo stays at Clemson. The coaching carousel never stops.

A lot depends on Mack Brown, who will be 69 this year, and how long he wants to coach. And if Dabo stays at Clemson. The coaching carousel never stops.
I don't think Dabo is going anywhere soon, I believe he just sign a new HUUUUUUGH contract extension.

Where would Dabo go? The only place to go that even remotely makes any sort of sense is the NFL, and he doesn’t really strike me as the NFL type.

Basically a 0.01% chance he leaves for another college. Clemson isn’t letting him leave to go elsewhere they’ll pay whatever is required.

The coaches at the top schools rarely leave those top schools unless;
A) it’s a $$$$ factor (Clemson will pay whatever it takes) or

B) they feel they aren’t getting the recognition and love from the higher-ups that they deserve (again, not the case at Clemson) or

C) they’re kind of a head case (again which Dabo doesn’t really seem like) or

D) the school gets busted for cheating and is going to take a step back from sanctions/punishment (possible but unlikely as Clemson is basically an SEC team)

Where would Dabo go? The only place to go that even remotely makes any sort of sense is the NFL, and he doesn’t really strike me as the NFL type.

Basically a 0.01% chance he leaves for another college. Clemson isn’t letting him leave to go elsewhere they’ll pay whatever is required.

The coaches at the top schools rarely leave those top schools unless;
A) it’s a $$$$ factor (Clemson will pay whatever it takes) or

B) they feel they aren’t getting the recognition and love from the higher-ups that they deserve (again, not the case at Clemson) or

C) they’re kind of a head case (again which Dabo doesn’t really seem like) or

D) the school gets busted for cheating and is going to take a step back from sanctions/punishment (possible but unlikely as Clemson is basically an SEC team)
If there is enough money involved lots of people will make a move. Saban is going to be 70 next year. Maybe an SEC HC job could be appealing to Dabo. And don't worry gbo , I'm just musing.

If there is enough money involved lots of people will make a move. Saban is going to be 70 next year. Maybe an SEC HC job could be appealing to Dabo. And don't worry gbo , I'm just musing.
After all, he is a Bama alum

I can't see him leaving for any job except Alabama, honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom