Class of 2016 - CB/WR Armunz Matthews (FL) USF Commit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB/WR Armunz Matthews (FL) USF Commit

Even if they had officials with all the players with commitments that's only approximately 20 officials used out of 56.

I am glad the new staff is using all of the resources at their disposal. We aren't going to improve markedly without exerting a tremendous effort to outwork our ACC peers.
Most kids don't take ovs until after their senior season is over. Most of the time this many ovs aren't necessary because relationships and recruiting of prospects to a particular school have been going on for years.

Most kids don't take ovs until after their senior season is over. Most of the time this many ovs aren't necessary because relationships and recruiting of prospects to a particular school have been going on for years.

Waiting until after the season isn't exactly an advantage in a climate like Syracuse.

Also waiting this late is not good for Syracuse as many players may have already used or committed to their maximum of 5 visits as SUFan44 stated. Better to get out in front of it in my opinion.

Waiting until after the season isn't exactly an advantage in a climate like Syracuse.

Also waiting this late is not good for Syracuse as many players may have already used or committed to their maximum of 5 visits as SUFan44 stated. Better to get out in front of it in my opinion.

That isn't how kids schedule though. Most are not interested in taking an ov until after their season is over. They are going to wait and see how much interest and who offers them their senior year. Plus a school is often going to wait also and see who shines their senior year on the field. Ovs being taken in November, December and January is pretty standard.

I don't believe in "recruiting over" - every year you should be trying to get better players at every position. I think this offense requires a lot more WR in general. No hybrid/express back. Ability to go 4 wide with tempo = more "dudes"

What you just described is exactly what recruiting over is.

JrodCuse said:
What you just described is exactly what recruiting over is.

Well sure. But the way people use the term makes me believe it's something special or a conscious decision to screw the older guy. I don't think this actually happens.

Well sure. But the way people use the term makes me believe it's something special or a conscious decision to screw the older guy. I don't think this actually happens.

I don't either, its just a logical progression. Even if you get 5* players, you are still trying to recruit over them with more 5* players who might have better work ethic or weigh 10 lbs more or be .1 second faster.

Apparently we're not the only school that does the giant cookie thing.

Well who isn't a sucker for giant cookies??? I'm not fat but I have a sweets weakness for sure

I don't really care for them, but my youngest son loves them. Way too much frosting for my tastes.

Not sure if he is gone...I still see orange socks and an orange cord, and if he IS gonzo have fun playing Uconn in front of 15k in a bad environment NFL stadium.

It looks like they are doing a photoshoot of some sort.

Recruiting violation ?

It looks like they are doing a photoshoot of some sort.

Recruiting violation ?
No, everyone does it.
Jamal_Holloway.0.0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors