CBS has some of the most stupid Syracuse takes I've ever seen. | Syracusefan.com

CBS has some of the most stupid Syracuse takes I've ever seen.

walsh2012

Starter
Ranked us 53 - 10 spots behind UCONN - and had this to say here:

53. Syracuse: Adios to Elijah Hughes, so what will Jim Boeheim and company do about keeping SU's offense in the near-upper-class of power-conference hoops? Buddy Boeheim is growing into a reliable scorer but the huge question with Cuse is how this team jells given that seven freshmen have been welcomed into the fold. Marek Dolezaj (good in spots) and Joe Girard (key sophomore season ahead) are back, but this team could have the thinnest rotation in the ACC.

A complete omission of Alan Griffin, one of the top transfers in the country, as a Hughes replacement. Not to mention one of the most efficient scorers in America last year.

And "seven freshmen welcomed into the fold" really? Do they even look at the depth chart of teams? We have three incoming freshmen and one redshirt freshman who is not being "brought into the fold" as he practiced with the team all last season.

Matt Norlander is a moron and I can't believe he gets paid to write this garbage.

Last edited:
Any credible writeup should probably include:
1)we lost our best player
2) Everybody else that played a lot is back
3) Transfer Alan Griffin and Freshman Kadary Richmond added to the returnees should lengthen last years very short rotation.

Guy went 1 for 3, and appeared clueless about our rotation and who will likely be in it. Lazy.

Let's riot in the streets because someone is bad at their job.

Seriously though, doesn't bother me one bit to get no respect from the national media. Much rather be part of the conversation in March than in November.

There is zero excuse to be uninformed about a team you are previewing in 2020. You could find out expected starters, depth charts, etc. in a matter of minutes if you cared to.

Let's riot in the streets because someone is bad at their job.

Seriously though, doesn't bother me one bit to get no respect from the national media. Much rather be part of the conversation in March than in November.
surely there's nothing else going on in philly that's more important at the moment than CBS' preseason ranks

We could have the deepest rotation in the ACC. We won't, because JB, but we should have pretty good depth

Yup. The only issue I see depth wise is its more concentrated in the frontcourt. Like if you’re going 5 on 5 in practice, you’d have to put Griffin with the 2nd team(maybe he will be anyway?) to balance the teams out a bit in terms of guards.

Girard, Buddy, Guerrier, Marek, Sidibe
vs.
Richmond, Griffin, Braswell, Ajak, Edwards

Then you’ve still got Newton and Frank.

Feel like that second team would be able to hang with the first team and take some games off of them if they were to scrimmage.

Doesn't concern me at all -- although I understand why our fanbase would disagree.

Some of our best teams began the season under-valued nationally, only to pop on the national scene early [often at one of the early season multi-conference tournaments]. I'd rather start out rated low and have our team far outshoot that perspective than the opposite [like what happened the White / Gillon year, when we crapped the bed against SC, Wisconsin, etc.].

A complete omission of Alan Griffin, one of the top transfers in the country, as a Hughes replacement. Not to mention one of the most efficient scorers in America last year.

And "seven freshmen welcomed into the fold" really? Do they even look at the depth chart of teams? We have three incoming freshmen and one redshirt freshman who is not being "brought into the fold" as he practiced with the team all last season.

Matt Norlander is a moron and I can't believe he gets paid to write this garbage.
I tried to listen his podcast with Gary Parrish, since there isn't too much of a CBB selection, and it is awful. Norlander is worse and stuff like this shows he doesn't pay too much attention outside of the top of the sport.

I've said it before in a different thread but if you want legit analysis go here: Three Man Weave

Unbiased with really good insight and stats. Very fair write-up of us in the ACC preview.

I tried to listen his podcast with Gary Parrish, since there isn't too much of a CBB selection, and it is awful. Norlander is worse and stuff like this shows he doesn't pay too much attention outside of the top of the sport.

I've said it before in a different thread but if you want legit analysis go here: Three Man Weave

Unbiased with really good insight and stats. Very fair write-up of us in the ACC preview.
oh that podcast is absolutely dreadful.

The ( CBS ) Morons included 3 walk - Ons as part of the 7 freshman , I (LOVE ) it when we are an underdog in basketball , This team will shock a lot of pre season doubters out of the 13 scholarship players we have we have experience , depth , and size with some decent outside shooters some of our guys are capable of playing 2 positions and I would not expect foul trouble to hurt us as it has in the past , I thought the world of Hughes he was a great player for us but with the additions of - Griffin - Anselem - Richmond - Ajak and Newton to go along with the other returning players the Hughes loss should be absorbed fairly easy ,this team has a very good chance to be a top 25 team the only thing that worries me is the stubborness of ( James Arthur Boheim )

The ( CBS ) Morons included 3 walk - Ons as part of the 7 freshman , I (LOVE ) it when we are an underdog in basketball , This team will shock a lot of pre season doubters out of the 13 scholarship players we have we have experience , depth , and size with some decent outside shooters some of our guys are capable of playing 2 positions and I would not expect foul trouble to hurt us as it has in the past , I thought the world of Hughes he was a great player for us but with the additions of - Griffin - Anselem - Richmond - Ajak and Newton to go along with the other returning players the Hughes loss should be absorbed fairly easy ,this team has a very good chance to be a top 25 team the only thing that worries me is the stubborness of ( James Arthur Boheim )
honestly i don't really care where we would be ranked if the reasoning was fine, but this guy obviously didn't do the base amount of work here. and it's not like this info is hard to find, it's everywhere.

Last edited:
Feel like that second team would be able to hang with the first team and take some games off of them if they were to scrimmage.
the backcourt, yeah, but the 1st team frontcourt would dominate

the backcourt, yeah, but the 1st team frontcourt would dominate

It would, but...I think a Junior Braswell and Soph Edwards could have their moments.

Doesn't concern me at all -- although I understand why our fanbase would disagree.

Some of our best teams began the season under-valued nationally, only to pop on the national scene early [often at one of the early season multi-conference tournaments]. I'd rather start out rated low and have our team far outshoot that perspective than the opposite [like what happened the White / Gillon year, when we crapped the bed against SC, Wisconsin, etc.].

Nobody is concerned. It is about the lazy reporting of a national writer. I understand he has a lot of them to do, but do it right.

thats almost as bad as the old Lindy's preseason mags.

It would, but...I think a Junior Braswell and Soph Edwards could have their moments.

I kind of wish his name was Junior Braswell..sounds bad azz

...the additions of - Griffin - Anselem - Richmond - Ajak and Newton to go along with the other returning players the Hughes loss should be absorbed fairly easy ,this team has a very good chance to be a top 25 team the only thing that worries me is the stubborness of ( James Arthur Boheim )

So your assessment is that the weakest link in our team is the Hall of Fame, second-most-winningest coach in the history of the sport? I guess we are in pretty good shape.

For some real stupid Syracuse Hoop takes, you should read Syracusefan.com!!

wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom