CBS SMH | Syracusefan.com

CBS SMH

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Man, they just pound you mercilessly with these commercials. If a guy bends over to tie his shoe they're going to commercial. On top of that, they only have like three commercials to show.

Nothing will ever be worse than the "IT STARTED WITH A WHISPERRRRRRR" commercial from a few years ago that CBS force-fed us every timeout.

Nothing will ever be worse than the "IT STARTED WITH A WHISPERRRRRRR" commercial from a few years ago that CBS force-fed us every timeout.
I saw Neon Trees a couple of years ago.
I actually like the song...although I'll concede it gets a little grating by the two-millionth play.

As for all the spots...when you pay $11 billion for TV rights...you run a lot of commercials.

yeah it's bad. I wanted to work up the desire to go back to buffalo again for the games. but then I kept remembering what it was like last time. don't get me wrong, the SU games were fun, but my attitude is that if I am going to be there I am going to all the games. the commercial breaks are insanely long. and the crazy part is, (at least when I went), is that there are no ads or anything on the court. it is just the 25 person student bands playing and they run out of material. they games are slow when you are there live.

yeah it's bad. I wanted to work up the desire to go back to buffalo again for the games. but then I kept remembering what it was like last time. don't get me wrong, the SU games were fun, but my attitude is that if I am going to be there I am going to all the games. the commercial breaks are insanely long. and the crazy part is, (at least when I went), is that there are no ads or anything on the court. it is just the 25 person student bands playing and they run out of material. they games are slow when you are there live.

Agreed.. the in-arena experience has always been lacking. The NCAA word scrambles and trivia even start to repeat. And they do an abysmal job of keeping you updated on the other games. There's a lot of FOMO going on. And no beer starts to have an effect when you try to psych yourself up for the 4th game of the day and it's just not working.

Why I hate the NCAA tourney . . . . .all the ads for the Masters.

This year it's the hopper commercial. "Hey boss, wooo, I love working".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom