CBS Sport Blog...ACC ends by taking 3...FSU to Sec | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sport Blog...ACC ends by taking 3...FSU to Sec

arbitragegls

All Conference
...most recent CBS Sports Blog...indicates that FSU can leave ACC for only $6mm as grandfathered in and not pay the $20mm. SEC takes FSU, Mizzou and WVU...ACC goes for Uconn, Rutgirls, and USF (fl to replace FSU). What do you think of this...blog below:

"Okay, I just spoke with my source (Direct ties to a coach at an SEC school) and he pretty much confirmed what I posted about yesterday"

Here's the latest:

SEC AD Vote tallies (these are UNCONFIRMED numbers:
Florida State: 11-1 for acceptance.
Mizzou: 8-4 for acceptance.
West Virginia: 10-2 for acceptance.

Right now, Missouri is the bigger target due to 3 major TV markets and 2 minor TV markets that are not shared with any other school. The biggest holdup/no vote is Alabama, who is afraid of having to give up their permanent cross-division rivalry game with Tennessee. The workaround for this will be putting Mizzou in the SEC-East temporarily. It gives them an easier travel schedule than the SEC West would. Again, this would only be a temporary move. I've received word that SEC Commish Slive is about to smack some sense into Alabama to change their vote.

West Virginia WILL be in. But not until the ACC adds three more team. They're going after Rutgers, Connecticut and South Florida. South Florida will replace Florida State.

Florida State is definitely in. As expected, the lone "NO" vote is... Florida.

Once FSU & WVU are brought in, Mizzou would shift back to SEC West

The SEC has its 3 new teams. Missouri's offer, though, does have a shelf life. If they bobble this up, West Virginia is in, and Mizzou will be brought in with Florida State.

There's the latest, everyone!

One of these scenarios being tossed out has to eventually be right.

The more I think of it, this scenario is probably crap. Grandfathered in for the exit fee? What is that? That means they all are except SU and Pitt. Why increase it then? And it wasn't $7M anyways. Also, is the ACC giving up on ND and not holding a spot for them?

that was posted on a forum earlier today. Looks like the blog co-opted it.

Well let's remember those were Unconfirmed numbers ... as is the rest of the supposition.

Also ... USF to the ACC? Huh ... academic standards out the window?

Actually Bees if you cede ND to the Big 10 or something with Texas, it all works. FSU can afford any exit fee. Rick Scott may be certifiable but he is a FSU fan.

i dont want fsu out of acc, and i think the usf is a bit of a stretch. along with wvu to sec

Why would FSU want the SEC? The $$ difference isn't that much after the coming ACC renegotiation with ESPN. Would you rather be the number #1 team in the ACC with a good shot at the BCS every year or be middle of the pack in the SEC?

Why would FSU want the SEC? The $$ difference isn't that much after the coming ACC renegotiation with ESPN. Would you rather be the number #1 team in the ACC with a good shot at the BCS every year or be middle of the pack in the SEC?

kinda funny. your comment sounds like what all the basketball-only fans were saying about our move to the acc with regards to basketball.

FSU is the flagship football program in the ACC. If they leave it's a big blow and makes a second rate FB conference even worse.

kinda funny. your comment sounds like what all the basketball-only fans were saying about our move to the acc with regards to basketball.

SEC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACC in football
Big East >= ACC in basketball

Not really a good comparison at all, not sure why anyone would make it.

The more I think of it, this scenario is probably crap. Grandfathered in for the exit fee? What is that? That means they all are except SU and Pitt. Why increase it then? And it wasn't $7M anyways. Also, is the ACC giving up on ND and not holding a spot for them?

Totally agree. No one would be grandfathered for an issue like exit fees. And would MO really have more no votes than WV? Really?

I think Georgia would also vote against FSU based on the south Georgia recruiting.

Realistically, do you really think ND would favor the ACC over the Big 10. I can't picture ND ever signing up for the ACC, except if they agree to let ND stay independent in football.

Realistically, do you really think ND would favor the ACC over the Big 10. I can't picture ND ever signing up for the ACC, except if they agree to let ND stay independent in football.

...this may seem a shot in the dark...but if ND was to join a conference there are several reasons why it should be the ACC...specifically because of eyeballs, TV sets, and population growth and climate. ACC is in a growing section of the US...B1G is not. In fact population is declining in the midwest...And this is basis for all these moves...so if TV contracts etc are important than ND should come to ACC.

The key is whether ND makes a move rather quickly because I believe dance partners may be filled relatively quickly...especially if the FSU to SEC is true...then ACC has to act...what is interesting is that the B1G seems stuck in movement...for whatever reason I know not...unless they already know the outcome and ND is last man standing and they get ND in the end...but only if the scenario is already written.

IMO, ND is a two-headed beast. Their Olympic sports seem to fit better in the East. FB seems a much better fit in the B1G.

Also ... USF to the ACC? Huh ... academic standards out the window?

Academics only matter if it's convenient. This scenario may be crap, but if FSU bolts (which I would guess it would for the right opportunity) and the ACC felt it needed more Florida presence, I sincerely doubt the academics would get in the way. If they don't feel they need USF, then we'll hear all about how the academics don't match up.

Totally agree. No one would be grandfathered for an issue like exit fees. And would MO really have more no votes than WV? Really?

Mizzou is a perfect example of why all this realignment stuff is short-sighted. The fact that there are markets in proximity to the school that matters is fine, but unless they are able to truly generate interest and numbers in those regions, this first TV deal will be the only one that yields big money. My point being, if you're espn and giving big money to the new ACC in part b/c you think you'll generate a bunch of interest in the northeast. But then, 8 years from now or whatever, you're getting awful football ratings and blah hoops ratings, you're no longer going to be compensating the conference for "delivering" the northeast or NYC or whatever.

Mizzou is a perfect example of why all this realignment stuff is short-sighted. The fact that there are markets in proximity to the school that matters is fine, but unless they are able to truly generate interest and numbers in those regions, this first TV deal will be the only one that yields big money. My point being, if you're espn and giving big money to the new ACC in part b/c you think you'll generate a bunch of interest in the northeast. But then, 8 years from now or whatever, you're getting awful football ratings and blah hoops ratings, you're no longer going to be compensating the conference for "delivering" the northeast or NYC or whatever.
When was the last time an expiring TV rights deal was replaced by a new deal for less money? None that I know of. The deals only go one way...up.

When was the last time an expiring TV rights deal was replaced by a new deal for less money? None that I know of. The deals only go one way...up.

Yup, like real estate.

Its gotta be crap. Why not look to Ville instead of USF?

...most recent CBS Sports Blog...indicates that FSU can leave ACC for only $6mm as grandfathered in and not pay the $20mm. SEC takes FSU, Mizzou and WVU...ACC goes for Uconn, Rutgirls, and USF (fl to replace FSU). What do you think of this...blog below:

"Okay, I just spoke with my source (Direct ties to a coach at an SEC school) and he pretty much confirmed what I posted about yesterday"

Here's the latest:

SEC AD Vote tallies (these are UNCONFIRMED numbers:
Florida State: 11-1 for acceptance.
Mizzou: 8-4 for acceptance.
West Virginia: 10-2 for acceptance.

Right now, Missouri is the bigger target due to 3 major TV markets and 2 minor TV markets that are not shared with any other school. The biggest holdup/no vote is Alabama, who is afraid of having to give up their permanent cross-division rivalry game with Tennessee. The workaround for this will be putting Mizzou in the SEC-East temporarily. It gives them an easier travel schedule than the SEC West would. Again, this would only be a temporary move. I've received word that SEC Commish Slive is about to smack some sense into Alabama to change their vote.

West Virginia WILL be in. But not until the ACC adds three more team. They're going after Rutgers, Connecticut and South Florida. South Florida will replace Florida State.

Florida State is definitely in. As expected, the lone "NO" vote is... Florida.

Once FSU & WVU are brought in, Mizzou would shift back to SEC West

The SEC has its 3 new teams. Missouri's offer, though, does have a shelf life. If they bobble this up, West Virginia is in, and Mizzou will be brought in with Florida State.

There's the latest, everyone!
I think the three to the SEC are more likely to be WVU, Ville, Mizzou.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom