CBS's Inside College Football Purdue prediction | Syracusefan.com

CBS's Inside College Football Purdue prediction

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
I recorded Inside College Football yesterday. The host is Adam Zucker, an SU guy with 4 panelists: Rick Neuheisel, Brian Jones, Aaron Taylor and Randy Cross. It is a long program, almost two hours. Which is why I recorded it. At the end of the program they make predictions. All four of the guys picked SU over Purdue. Nice to see

We are starting to earn respect and we need to keep winning and continue that. This weekend in huge in that regard, amongst other reasons for being a big game
Let's see what GameDay brings.

Kirk and Des are probably Purdue. Probably Pollack too - he never seems interested in us. Corso may have our backs again.

It’s so crazy going from wanting to just get a bowl game to seeing this. Expectations for this team keeps increasing every week. Though I should have known we had this potential, as we were on the cusp last season and now have phenomenal coaching.

Kirk and Des are probably Purdue. Probably Pollack too - he never seems interested in us. Corso may have our backs again.
probably and I hope they do, just like the Louisville game ;)

McAfee I think may go for SU as well. He does talk about the Orange a bit when he talk about his time at WV.

Am I the only person who doesn't want expectations too high yet? I'd rather be the dog here.
So long as Babers can keep the locker room using the "nobody believed in us but is!" mentality I think we'll be alright, regardless of what the media says.

Totally get where you're coming from though. Not sure we're ready to play the role as hunted. Better to stay as the hunter.

Just get to NC state with no more than 1 loss is the key for this team. if we go 4-1 thats above expectations. If we go 5-0 even better.. if we go 3-2 it will be a bit of a let down after the start but still a positive sign.

Virginia has moved to a should win from a can win.

We could play very well vs Purdue and still lose and thats not a negative. Purdue if they play well could win that side of the B10 given how Iowa/Wisc?Neb started Minn being the other team starting out well

I totally get your perspective.

But this team has a different potential than most teams we've had the past 2+ decades. That potential can be actualized whether we win Saturday or not.

Enjoy the ride!

Not sure we will break through like in 2018. Seems closer to 2012. Last season we looked impressive the 1st 5 games with Shrader starting. Then the last 4 we really struggled. In 2011 we looked impressive after beating WV, then we didn't win another game. So there is similarity. I think this Purdue game might be the difference from 7-5 (2012) and 9-3 (2018).

Not sure we will break through like in 2018. Seems closer to 2012. Last season we looked impressive the 1st 5 games with Shrader starting. Then the last 4 we really struggled. In 2011 we looked impressive after beating WV, then we didn't win another game. So there is similarity. I think this Purdue game might be the difference from 7-5 (2012) and 9-3 (2018).

Last year, Shrader got injured throwing the winning TD pass against VT on our final play of the game. That's why we stunk in November -- he was playing impaired after that.

This team is on the cusp of big things. Need to get it done on Saturday.

This team is on the cusp of big things. Need to get it done on Saturday.
I'm normally as superstitious as they come (the last twenty years of pain will do that to you), but I'd oddly calm about Saturday. This team just feels different. So I'll throw it out there, I think we win this one going away and the momentum REALLY starts to build.

And if not, well, everyone has proof of what my wife already knows- that I'm an idiot ;)

This Purdue game is huge. I’m not over looking Virginia or Wagner but we beat Purdue and we are set up very nicely to go 5-0. I think the players and coaches know that and will come out flying this week. I think we win this game and this team legit has a shot at 9+ wins with the confidence they will gain from going 5-0 and some of the teams on the schedule not being as good as expected and us being quite a bit better than expected so far. We go 5-0 and we will be Top 20 against NC state

Actually in many places we are now a 1 point favorite.
well the good news is (in terms of team motivation) we we're dogs earlier this week when the lines came out so hopefully dino and crew mentioned that to the team, "they still don't respect you!" etc. to get em fired up.

well the good news is (in terms of team motivation) we we're dogs earlier this week when the lines came out so hopefully dino and crew mentioned that to the team, "they still don't respect you!" etc. to get em fired up.

It would be sweet to actually start 5-0, just give us the week leading up to NC st at 5-0!!

COME ON!!!

It would be sweet to actually start 5-0, just give us the week leading up to NC st at 5-0!!

COME ON!!!
Two weeks. Bye between Wagner and NCSt. three weeks to prepare, three weeks to heal. Can sit guys if necessary against Wagner.

NCSts games prior to SU are Clemson and fsu.

Two weeks. Bye between Wagner and NCSt. three weeks to prepare, three weeks to heal. Can sit guys if necessary against Wagner.

NCSts games prior to SU are Clemson and fsu.
Yep You bet ur backside, lol, that’s why in my Cali preseason progs I have them beating NC State starting the season 6-0!

For my keyboard to gods ears!