Centers defending the corner 3… | Syracusefan.com

Centers defending the corner 3…

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Since when has our center been the primary defender for the corner 3’s, as Boeheim has alluded to?

I do not recall Arinze or Fab ever being extended that far.

Seems impossible to me to ask a 6-11 guy to get to the corner on a 3, and then be a better rebounder. But that’s just me.

Since Warrick blocked Kansas shot in the NC game, but seriously it’s been more common since Pitino showed everyone the book on how to beat the zone when he overloaded one side. It was around the time we had both Keita and Fab on the roster.

How did colgate pass the ball from under the basket out of bounds, to the corner for a wide open 3 multiple times? I know how I guess… but how?
Because our forwards were sleeping. 2 of them happened right in front of me.

But I have been told it’s all the center’s fault.

No blame to the Boeheim clan nor Swider.
I think you’re confusing things. It’s never been the center responsibility on out of bounds plays to cover the corner and to JB’s credit he ripped his son more than he ripped Swider or Benny for letting that happen. I see these things sitting behind the bench.

Last edited:
I think you’re confusing things. It’s never been the center responsibility on out of bounds plays to cover the corner and to JB’s credit he ripped his son more than he ripped Swider or Benny for letting that happen. I see these things sitting behind the bench.
Not in public though.

He finds no problem calling the rest of his players out in a press conference. Which is what 95% of the public sees.

JB’s version of the 2-3 feels like the freeze option. It had a good run but then the game evolved. It’s been archaic ever since steph curry.

Even if we had waiters and fab it still wouldn’t be as effective as it was 10 years ago. Offenses have adapted and it’s no longer good enough to have elite athleticism… which of course this team lacks. This strategy as an exclusive defense is B-R-O-K-E-N and everyone knows it.

It is so obvious, didn’t you see it. JB needs his centers to defend the corner three because JB cannot guard the corner three

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom