CFN: all 128 college coaches ranked | Syracusefan.com

CFN: all 128 college coaches ranked

Eric15

Living Legend
Preview 2016: Ranking All 128 College Football Head Coaches

Babers is 56th, which I'll take. Honestly in the past say 15 years, how many years has Syracuse football had above average coaching? A couple times with Marrone?

56. Dino Babers, Syracuse Orange, 2016
Career Record: 37-16, School Record: 0-0

The world is littered with coaches who had one phenomenal MAC season, parlayed it into a big gig, and then fizzled – paging Turner Gill, Darrell Hazell and Tim Beckman, your tables are ready. But that’s not going to be Babers. He’s going to make the Orange offense explode.

Last edited:
its nice to see him ahead of quite a few -5 guys.. but also a bit interesting to see several ahead of him with zero track record or losing records.

There are 65 Power 5 teams so I am impressed Babers is already ahead of some P5 coaches.

Dino Babers just oozes confidence for me. I am patient(with reason) for atleast 2 full years. Year 3 will be my first one with expectations that could disappoint me.

Preview 2016: Ranking All 128 College Football Head Coaches

Babers is 56th, which I'll take. Honestly in the past say 15 years, how many years has Syracuse football had above average coaching? A couple times with Marrone?

56. Dino Babers, Syracuse Orange, 2016
Career Record: 37-16, School Record: 0-0

The world is littered with coaches who had one phenomenal MAC season, parlayed it into a big gig, and then fizzled – paging Turner Gill, Darrell Hazell and Tim Beckman, your tables are ready. But that’s not going to be Babers. He’s going to make the Orange offense explode.

That was a fun read for a summer morning. I think my favorite was #37. They had three words for him, and probably accurate:

37. Butch Jones, Tennessee Volunteers, 2013
Career Record: 71-44, School Record: 21-17

He’ll blow it.

:rolling:

9. Dabo Swinney, Clemson Tigers, 2008

Career Record: 75-27, School Record: 75-27

I know he’s fantastic, and I know he’s won ten games or more in each of his last five years and is about to do it again, and I know he’s won two ACC titles and four division crowns in his eight years, and I know Alabama will be all over him the second Nick decides to do something else with his world, but he’s just so … so … Dabo. No grown man should hold a “pizza party” for anyone other than his eight-year-old daughter and her friends.

Great reasoning...

That was a fun read for a summer morning. I think my favorite was #37. They had three words for him, and probably accurate:

37. Butch Jones, Tennessee Volunteers, 2013
Career Record: 71-44, School Record: 21-17

He’ll blow it.

:rolling:
He has a really good team this year.

He has a really good team this year.
Favorite to win the SEC East.
He made some mistakes last year... maybe he just chokes under pressure.

9. Dabo Swinney, Clemson Tigers, 2008

Career Record: 75-27, School Record: 75-27

I know he’s fantastic, and I know he’s won ten games or more in each of his last five years and is about to do it again, and I know he’s won two ACC titles and four division crowns in his eight years, and I know Alabama will be all over him the second Nick decides to do something else with his world, but he’s just so … so … Dabo. No grown man should hold a “pizza party” for anyone other than his eight-year-old daughter and her friends.

Great reasoning...

Wait...I like pizza...was thinking of having a pizza party...now I'm not. Thanks for nothing!

Favorite to win the SEC East.
He made some mistakes last year... maybe he just chokes under pressure.

They were a year away, they had Bama and Ou beat, I think they will be in the playoff this year.

In our view, the Vols can go 1-11 and still have a successful season as long as that 1 win is the "My cousin/wife is prettier than your cousin/wife" Bowl in Bristol this year.