Class of 2024 - CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered

If we didn’t have the money for Mack, I doubt we will have the money for Boogie Fland (baring any miracles). We were never really even considered during his hs recruitment
I’m hoping we had the money, but didn’t think he was worth the money?

Assuming Leffew commits (fingers crossed), I just can't see SU making a run at Boogie or Wagner. Already would have five guards in the 2024-25 rotation, and both of those prospects want significant playing time (and NIL). I guess you never know, though!

Assuming Leffew commits (fingers crossed), I just can't see SU making a run at Boogie or Wagner. Already would have five guards in the 2024-25 rotation, and both of those prospects want significant playing time (and NIL). I guess you never know, though!
Wagner stinks. Just a name that severely underperformed his recruiting ranking.

Yeah, I don't think the likelihood of Boogie coming here is very high either way, but pretty much 0% chance he comes here if Leffew commits because I assume Leffew is only committing if he's starting here.

As others have mentioned, gotta assume he's just going to follow Calipari to Arkansas, but I would take him here in a heartbeat. Think you have to at least reach out and see if he's open to it.

I think I read he dismissed us out of hand LY and basically said it was because we had an unproven, 1st-year head coach.

Not sure Red with a 20-win season under the belt would move the needle now, but possible.

Guessing his NIL bag is going to be quite large and the best value now is most often experienced portal players over freshman... so the smart move would be to find better value in the portal on a proven commodity at this level.

Last edited:
I watched some of his all star game against the team from the rest of the world yesterday. He's quick, but kind of small. Not blown away, to be honest. Had trouble staying in front of the opposition point guard, got taken into the lane several times.

I watched some of his all star game against the team from the rest of the world yesterday. He's quick, but kind of small. Not blown away, to be honest. Had trouble staying in front of the opposition point guard, got taken into the lane several times.
Was wondering if anyone else saw this. I thought his defense on-ball was downright atrocious. To be fair, whatever, it's an all-star game and he's a young kid who has talent so i'm not implying he can't still be a difference maker for us or someone else next year.

Just thought it was extremely noticeable in that one-game sample that he was really struggling on the defensive end.

Was wondering if anyone else saw this. I thought his defense on-ball was downright atrocious. To be fair, whatever, it's an all-star game and he's a young kid who has talent so i'm not implying he can't still be a difference maker for us or someone else next year.

Just thought it was extremely noticeable in that one-game sample that he was really struggling on the defensive end.

Yes, and college kids are going to be bigger and stronger than HS kids, even if they are all stars. Regardless of lack of defense, generally speaking, in all star games, it's a collection of players going one on one, and Boogie simply couldn't defend his guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom