Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha no way

In fairness, from the sounds of things, his dad wanted him to go to Michigan to play for Beilein. And to me, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go to Notre Dame. Mike Brey always seems to have a couple guys like Girard on their team. Really glad we got him! Hoo boy, do we have some shooters these next few years!

In fairness, from the sounds of things, his dad wanted him to go to Michigan to play for Beilein. And to me, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go to Notre Dame. Mike Brey always seems to have a couple guys like Girard on their team. Really glad we got him! Hoo boy, do we have some shooters these next few years!
Reading the interviews above I think its clear you’re correct on papa jgII wanting Michigan. Glad joe saw the light

You mean BC and PSU. ND, Duke, and Michigan were not involved anymore over the last many months. This is a regional win over schools we should beat for basketball recruits.
Guys like you just take the enjoyment out of the moment. Can’t you be happy and allow others to be happy for the moment. BTW, your statement of the “last many months” sound like Duke, ND and Michigan have been out of the running since May-June. I am sure that they were in the running through the summer and even were part of JG3’ serious consideration as late as September.

Wonderful news and I really like having a football mentality type on this team. Diving for fumbles...I mean loose balls and getting interceptions...I mean getting into the passing lane and getting field goals...hitting 3's.

Oh shut up. The top player in NY signs to pay his dues at SU and you downplay it. You must be fun at parties.

Some said JG3 was a luxury. Maybe. But even so, it's really nice to have. It elevates and stabilizes the program. The guard position is in great shape for the foreseeable future.
Guys like you just take the enjoyment out of the moment. Can’t you be happy and allow others to be happy for the moment. BTW, your statement of the “last many months” sound like Duke, ND and Michigan have been out of the running since May-June. I am sure that they were in the running through the summer and even were part of JG3’ serious consideration as late as September.
Dang. Why is what I said a buzzkill? We got a player we wanted. I'm thrilled, and very excited about Joe being from NYS. Hope he brings a ton of fans to games! That said, Duke has been out of this recruitment for a long time, so has ND. Stating a fact is wrong? Joe chose SU over PSU and BC. And I wasn't going after TrueBlue, or trying to ruining his night. I love his enthusiasm for SU. I was just was offering what I had seen. I apologize for offending you both so badly. I can't wait for JG3 to be in Orange!

Here's verbatim from Corey Evans.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.33.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Dang. Why is what I said a buzzkill? We got a player we wanted. I'm thrilled, and very excited about Joe being from NYS. Hope he brings a ton of fans to games! That said, Duke was not in this recruitment for a very long time, either was ND? Stating a fact is wrong? Joe chose SU over PSU and BC.

Here's verbatim from Corey Evans:

View attachment 141701
Again, Duke, ND and Michigan was in the picture when JG3 decided on his final 6 schools. Believe that was in late August-early September. Not many months ago like you referred too.

Regarding Evans, JG3 and family kept the recruitment close tight to his mom and dad. I assume that Corey Evans was somehow disguised as one of those two to glean that information. Actually, that information was easy to see after the past couple of weeks. I believe that JG3 May have selected Syracuse so that his parents and grandmother would not have as far to go to see him play.

Regarding Duke, their reputation of recruiting over players and its transfer Rate may have played a part in JG3’s position regarding his coolness on them.

Apology accepted. Enjoy the moment.

Again, Duke, ND and Michigan was in the picture when JG3 decided on his final 6 schools. Believe that was in late August-early September. Not many months ago like you referred too.

Regarding Evans, JG3 and family kept the recruitment close tight to his mom and dad. I assume that Corey Evans was somehow disguised as one of those two to glean that information.

Regarding Duke, their reputation of recruiting over players and its transfer Rate may have played a part in JG3’s position regarding his coolness on them.
ok, I'll delete what I wrote above. Apologies.

Im just happy we added a quality state commodity. Dislike bc and psu too, so works for me

Goodine-Giradi-Stewart?-Quincy-imagine on floor together- WOW- now blend in our experienced team leaders and players-Most talented Cuse team possibly ever?

Dang. Why is what I said a buzzkill? We got a player we wanted. I'm thrilled, and very excited about Joe being from NYS. Hope he brings a ton of fans to games! That said, Duke has been out of this recruitment for a long time, so has ND. Stating a fact is wrong? Joe chose SU over PSU and BC. And I wasn't going after TrueBlue, or trying to ruining his night. I love his enthusiasm for SU. I was just was offering what I had seen. I apologize for offending you both so badly. I can't wait for JG3 to be in Orange!

View attachment 141701
That's just a slam at SU. No one will report that SU beat out Duke for a white shooter. That doesn't fit the Duke is Nirvana message of college basketball.
Otherwise, you are saying the kid was lying having Duke and Michigan hats on the dais.

Last edited:
Goodine-Giradi-Stewart?-Quincy-imagine on floor together- WOW- now blend in our experienced team leaders and players-Most talented Cuse team possibly ever?
This years team has more talent.

But you add Guerrier and Stewart to the guys already have committed. Then add them to a roster of Carey, Buddy, Hughes, Braswell, Marek and Sidibe? Wow.

This is an important moment in time for the SU program.

First of all, JG3 is a darn good player. He may not be a Pete Maravich clone, he’s going to be a very nice lead guard, in the mold of some of Notre Dame’s finest the last 6-7 years. Matt Farrell’s name and game comes to (my) mind. And we all understand how important outside shooting is to the modern game of college basketball.

But I think this signing’s impact will also be felt spiritually in and around the program. The local nature of the player, the schools we bested to gain the commitment, the intangibles that he appears to possess. SU fans should enjoy this commitment for more than the X’s and O’s that come with it.

What’s also interesting is that JG3 and/or Goodine could be on the court for Coach Boeheim’s final game, and perhaps, as four-year players, the next Head Coach’s first contest at the helm. They’d be a great player grouping to usher in the next era of SU Basketball. Time will tell. Congrats to JG3 and his family, and to Syracuse Orangemen far and wide.

This years team has more talent.

But you add Guerrier and Stewart to the guys already have committed. Then add them to a roster of Carey, Buddy, Hughes, Braswell, Marek and Sidibe? Wow.
Agree that this year’s team is very special. Just thinking about how our recruiting is compounding into dynasty possibilities. Yes I’ve got my orange glasses on but there’s no disputing the potential talent joining

View attachment 141701

I think it's fair to say we got a Gerry McNamara kind of player here. We'll see how his career goes, but that's a pretty damn good fit for our program.

So his Dad wasn't thrilled with the choice? I understand he wanted Michigan but they had moved on. He favored playing time at BC or PSU? I thought he'd make that choice too but after not going that way the Father's comments seemed odd and not necessary.

Where'd you see that?

If that is the case good for the kid controlling his recruitment. Some parents/handlers control it way to much.

I don’t recall the hype when Gerry was recruited and then signed. Didn’t have season tickets back then and not quite as mainline addicted as I am today. Of course, I remember his fans and the buses from Scranton. Was it similar to what has gone on with Girard?
Yes...it was a pretty similar following and reaction IMHO. GMac was a bit higher rated recruit (we'll see how JG3 does this season and maybe climb into the 4/5 star zone) but both were high scorers who took their high school to great athletic heights. Both players had the whole community behind them. I expect to see a lot of new fans in the Glen Falls area. Maybe the difference now is the Internet and media push is much bigger now.

Last edited:
So his Dad wasn't thrilled with the choice? I understand he wanted Michigan but they had moved on. He favored playing time at BC or PSU? I thought he'd make that choice too but after not going that way the Father's comments seemed odd and not necessary.
Yeah, didn't get a warm and fuzzy from his dad in that article

I don’t recall the hype when Gerry was recruited and then signed. Didn’t have season tickets back then and not quite as mainline addicted as I am today. Of course, I remember his fans and the buses from Scranton. Was it similar to what has gone on with Girard?
Probably overshadowed by Melo

Yeah, didn't get a warm and fuzzy from his dad in that article

Wouldn’t worry about it. It wouldn’t have been announced yesterday if his dad wasn’t signed off on it or at least that’s the impression that everything I’ve heard about the family gives me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom