Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girard might end up being the real deal. He’s averaging over 30 ppg and he’s a 15 year old FRESHMAN. Class A ball. He’s 6-0, very athletic and can shoot lights out. Will be fun to watch see what happens.

He hit 6 three-pointers last night as they had an unbelievable come back win. Down 4 points with 12.9 seconds left, he won the game. Hit a monster 3 with 6 seconds left and then stole the inbounds and got fouled. Knocked down both FTs with 4 seconds to win.

Anyhow, this kid has been being groomed since birth. Don’t be surprised to see his name also pop up on the football field, he’s a QB.

Tuttle is right though, if Belien is still coaching Girard will end up playing for him at Michigan. His Dad is still pretty tight with his old coach, I think it'd be tough for him to go in another direction.

Last edited:
Shen by 15 plus. Huerter is the best player in New York State.
No, they are playing Stillwater at Shen. Shen is class AA. Glens Falls is class B. I believe Shen is ranked first in the state. Should be interesting to see if they can repeat.

Thanks, I realized that after I posted...Girard is just a Freshman?

yes, 15 year old Freshman. He's about 6-0 160.

Glens Falls is class B in hoops. I'd thought they were A.

Girard might not become a D1 talent but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. You don't average 33 ppg as a freshman playing varsity unless you're pretty good. The kid is very athletic and has a nice stroke.

Last edited:

Girard might not become a D1 talent but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. You don't average 33 ppg as a freshman on playing varsity unless you're pretty good. The kid is very athletic and has a nice stroke.

Good chance he can grow some more. What AAU team does he belong to?

Girard might not become a D1 talent but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. You don't average 33 ppg as a freshman playing varsity unless you're pretty good. The kid is very athletic and has a nice stroke.
He's definitely D-1. Not sure which level of D-1 but I can't believe that some coach wouldn't take a chance on a kid with that stroke.

BTW, here is the breakdown of schools and which class they belong to in Section 2. Half of the Foothills Conf is A and half is B. That's what confusing. Scotia, who they beat in the league is an A team.

http://www.timesunion.com/bb-teams/?SportID=6

Good chance he can grow some more. What AAU team does he belong to?

I believe he plays for the City Rocks U15 team.

He averaged 23 ppg on the varsity last year as an 8th grader. I’m told he already has a D1 offer.

This kid has been groomed to play hoops and QB since birth. There’s about 100 Girards in Glens Falls, all highly competitive and athletic, so this kid is constantly pushed. It’s almost like Marinovich. He’s coached by his uncle and his Dad. Dad was a gunner at LeMoyne under Beilein. If JG3 turns into a high major D1 player and John Beilein is still coaching Michigan that’s where he’ll play.

A fun little factoid but I believe Girard has won the NYS Elks free throw shooting contest 4 times and has won the National Championship at least once.

He's definitely D-1. Not sure which level of D-1 but I can't believe that some coach wouldn't take a chance on a kid with that stroke.

BTW, here is the breakdown of schools and which class they belong to in Section 2. Half of the Foothills Conf is A and half is B. That's what confusing. Scotia, who they beat in the league is an A team.

http://www.timesunion.com/bb-teams/?SportID=6

Yeah he's D1, I meant p5 type. I think his offer right now is from High Point in NC.

I’d say the class thing is confusing. The district I’m in is South Glens Falls and we’re also in the Foothills North with Glens Falls and yet we’re class A. That’s why I thought GF was Class A. It's so bizarre.

Last edited:
No, they are playing Stillwater at Shen. Shen is class AA. Glens Falls is class B. I believe Shen is ranked first in the state. Should be interesting to see if they can repeat.
I think they'll have a good chance to repeat in the State. Mount Vernon section 1 and Brentwood in section 11, probably presents the most talent overall. Good news for Shen, is that both will most likely meet in the semifinals. Brentwood defeated Mount Vernon last month, but it was a game that MV basically gave away by missing about 15 free throws that we would expect to see in an SU game lol. Section V rep could be interesting as well if my guy Quinton Rose, can lead Bishop Kearney to the chip over there.

Yeah he's D1, I meant p5 type. I think his offer right now is from High Point in NC.

Yeah I’d say that’s confusing. The district I’m in is South Glens Falls and we’re also in the Foothills North with Glens Falls and yet we’re class A. That’s why I thought GF was Class A. That’s so bizarre.
Scott Cherry, from Spa Catholic/UNC, is the Head Coach at High Point. He has done well there and could be long gone from there in three years. Plus, I would think that Girard has already started opening up a bunch of different eyes. His stats are incredible for a freshman. Coaches will definitely get a good look at him during the AAU season.

He averaged 23 ppg on the varsity last year as an 8th grader. I’m told he already has a D1 offer.

This kid has been groomed to play hoops and QB since birth. There’s about 100 Girards in Glens Falls, all highly competitive and athletic, so this kid is constantly pushed. It’s almost like Marinovich. He’s coached by his uncle and his Dad. Dad was a gunner at LeMoyne under Beilein. If JG3 turns into a high major D1 player and John Beilein is still coaching Michigan that’s where he’ll play.

A fun little factoid but I believe Girard has won the NYS Elks free throw shooting contest 4 times and has won the National Championship at least once.
According to this link, he played for the Rocks 15U team and his teammate was Buddy Boeheim. Just a little bit of a Cuse connection there. http://www.cityrocks.org/page/show/1673611-15u-black-2015-

Funny thing. Based on his size and scoring ability, the first kid for comparison I thought of was Hal Cohen. Hal held a Guinness Record for consecutive free throws as a high schooler.

Last edited:

I’d say the class thing is confusing. The district I’m in is South Glens Falls and we’re also in the Foothills North with Glens Falls and yet we’re class A. That’s why I thought GF was Class A. It's so bizarre.

Section II is a cluster. My HS was class C and we played in a league with A, B, C, and D schools (WAC).

There's no rhyme or reason to how the leagues are setup.

Section II is a cluster. My HS was class C and we played in a league with A, B, C, and D schools (WAC).

There's no rhyme or reason to how the leagues are setup.

seriously. You have South Glens Falls, Glens Falls, Queensbury, Schuylerville and Hudson Falls all competing in the Foothills North Basketball Division yet Glens Falls and Schuylerville are Class B ??? huh

what a cluster

Glens Falls was just over the Class A enrollment # for hoops last year, and fell just under that number this year. They could bounce back and forth over the next few years. Most Foothills schools are Class A, and a couple are mid-large B's (Broadalbin-Perth & Hudson Falls).

I'd try to sign this kid up now. At least offer him. Granted its a long way away, but I really don't want to see another Jimmer situation occur. I just dont think you can ever have enough pure shooters. JB seems to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom