Chad Ford's latest big board... | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford's latest big board...

Keep him late first early 2nd like CJ was ... for as long as possible. Grant is starting to really come around to form. Would not be surprised if he is top 10 by tourney time. I could see him make a 5 spot jump alone if he has a double double against Pitt.

Jerami falls from 16 to 17.

Ennis was it rank on the first four versions...but he's in at 23 on the new one. Ugh.

I may be naive here, but I don't think going 17th or 23rd would prompt either of them to leave early. Ah well, I will worry about this after the season. Not now.

By the way, Chad ford makes his PB&Js by putting on the jelly first, then the peanut butter. AND HE USES THE SAME KNIFE WITHOUT WASHING IT OFF.

I may be naive here, but I don't think going 17th or 23rd would prompt either of them to leave early. Ah well, I will worry about this after the season. Not now.

By the way, Chad ford makes his PB&Js by putting on the jelly first, then the peanut butter. AND HE USES THE SAME KNIFE WITHOUT WASHING IT OFF.
Thats so 1970s they sell them together in the same jar now!!

Ennis is going to be like Gary Harris I believe. Harris could left Michigan State last year and been a late lottery/mid first round guy, but coming back hasn't hurt him that much and he will be more prepared to play in the NBA next year with an extra college year of getting good minutes. I would expect unless Ennis is projected for the lottery to come back and get better and more prepared to play right away. Unless the kid is projected to go high and needs the $$$ I wouldn't be in a rush. However, if the kid wants to get paid be my guest and thank you for your time on the Hill.

Jerami falls from 16-17?

Chad Ford is full of stuff and a cuse h8r!

If we get to the Final Four, they are likely both gone.

Mitch McGary's experience should be enough to scare an entire generation of kids into leaving early.

If we get to the Final Four, they are likely both gone.

Mitch McGary's experience should be enough to scare an entire generation of kids into leaving early.
Maybe so, but they should also consider Deshaun Thomas, Myck Kabongo, C.J. Leslie, Vander Blue, etc. - left early and didn't make an NBA roster.

Maybe so, but they should also consider Deshaun Thomas, Myck Kabongo, C.J. Leslie, Vander Blue, etc. - left early and didn't make an NBA roster.
Those guys were all undrafted or a late second round pick. Their experience should impact the fringe 1st round guys for sure, but TE and JG are not in that boat right now or certainly wouldn't be in that boat if they starred on a FF run.

This is my gut feeling as well.

Mine as well. I think its gotta be at least 80% that this is how it falls. 10% to both staying, 10% to both leaving.
0% to ennis leaving and grant staying.

I would much rather have Ennis next year if I had to choose one. He can make anyone look good.

I feel like if grant stays, then next year he could set a record for charges in one season.

Right now the defense is keyed to stop fair, once that focus shifts to grant the defenders will be ready every time he tries to drive the lane.

Move the numbers up 4 spots and its more accurate (There are always Marcus Smarts every year).

To play devil's advocate for a second, where does Grant project? Is he a SF or is he a PF at the NBA level?

If he's a small forward, he definitely has the athletic ability but does he have the ball skills/perimeter game? I do not believe he does yet.

If he's a power forward, does he have the back-to-the-basket game or girth down low to play with more physical guys? I suspect this is also a no.

No question about it he's an elite-tiered athlete that has the ability to impact a game solely based on his leaping ability and quickness. But does that translate into being productive at the NBA level?

I'm still a bit skeptical on Grant's readiness for the NBA. I think he most likely will bolt after this year, but I wish he would come back and take the C.J. Fair approach. Hopefully Fair's decision and ability to come back and have a great senior year will be enough to sway Jerami this way. He most certainly does not need the money the way certain other SF's that have left early have.

Mine as well. I think its gotta be at least 80% that this is how it falls. 10% to both staying, 10% to both leaving.
0% to ennis leaving and grant staying.

I would much rather have Ennis next year if I had to choose one. He can make anyone look good.
I think 0% for Ennis leaving and Grant staying is too low. I think if both are thought to be low first rounders, it may be more tempting for Ennis to go than Grant.

My belief is Grant has very low risk of slipping down. He will only get stronger, get more minutes, start, and be featured. The '14 draft is also supposed to be loaded, so a lot of people above him (Wiggins, Randle, etc) will be gone.

Ennis, on the other hand, could plateau, which may be bad in the eyes of the NBA, which seems to value potential. Ennis' strength is his bball IQ and demeanor and running the show. All skills he is showing now. Next year he may not be able to add much. If Ennis gets good hype from a nice couple of tourney runs it may be hard for him to turn down first round money in the hopes of going lotto. He may have more risk.

Fortunately, Chad Ford knows not what he says. JB will sit down with both of these kids at the end of the year and lead them in whatever direction is in their best interests. That's why JB's awesome.

Yea... those are great spots. Both should be returning. And with those dudes back... holy S.
MCW was right around those spots all of last year

I think Grant told Donna Ditota back in the summer that if he was projected 1st round he would go

Tyler Ennis - there has been ZERO talk about the NBA

MCW was right around those spots all of last year

maybe, but everyone knew MCW was gone. There was zero chance he was staying. I personally feel the same way about Grant this year. The kid is on Sportscenter every week for freakish athletic plays. He is gonna go lottery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom